PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone answer this question?

jason
06-10-2007, 09:15 AM
This question came to our club e-mail. Anyone have an answer?

"Hi,since you seem to be experts in Land Rover's, can you please tell me if Discovery II, year 2000, have Euro-III or IV standard compliant engine. I'm planing to take it with me to Europe and want to make sure that it will be fine with Euro III standard.

Thank you very much for your help.

Joannie"

derekdilks
06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Even though I own a 2000 DII, I have no idea, sorry (if there's a code or number I can look at on the truck that would indicate this let me know and I'll go check it out)

rvrsrvc
06-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Wow, that's quite the question! I suspect the underbonnet sticker would only show the state of tune for USA/NAS.
FYI, I once converted a euro spec Jag XJ40 to NAS spec by purchasing a wrecked NAS car and transferring the bits. Wasn't too bad a job but it was still near $10k.
Don't know about going the other way. I suspect our emissions standards may have been higher than Europe for 2000. I say that based on the thinking that so much more is diesel powered there that maybe petrol standards weren't as demanding?

galen211
06-12-2007, 07:28 AM
I know my Uncle bought an Audi here, then shipped it back to Germany and he had to change several things to make it meet euro specs. New headlights, taillights, seatbelts, etc......

And to take his Audi to Germany voided the warranty. Go figure.