PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here!

Scrappyike
08-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Greetings everybody! New to the forum here and planning to get more involved here as well with the club. I have a 93' Range Rover County LWB Onyx on Sable. Absolutely love it. We named it Ginsu since she cuts through anything. She is currently undergoing some restoration since bringing her up here (Ohio) from Texas, she has the cancer (Rust).

I am looking at buying a series III 109 and have been viewing a business, not too far from the club's HQ, called Skytop Land Rover. They import military spec series. Has anyone heard of or know of the reliability of this business?

Any info would be great and appreciated and I can't wait to get my Ginsu back. Cheers.

Scrappyike
08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I forgot to post photos of Ginsu

crazyfish
08-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Skytop has rovers, but you really should know what you are looking at. He had 100 and it's down to the bottom of the pile. I live in Doylestown. PA ( 30 miles north of Skytop ) with a Series IIa 109 SW if you want to come take a look and a test drive if you are in the area. Otherwise, Jeff Wilson has one for sale and Tom Bache has two I think.

Scrappyike
08-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Thank you. I have been researching for about a year now and am interested in the soft top 109s. I have noticed Skytop's inventory get down and I believe he is down to 5 rovers. I do hope to visit the club and attend some meetings so I can see some of the member's series and ask some questions before I take the plunge. I mainly want one for off roading (nothing too rough) so I don't have to use the Range Rover. Hope to see you soon and thanks again.

scatterling
08-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Welcome!
I bought what was the last Military truck Gabor had ( about 2 years ago). He sold off the remaining trucks for parts. He has a few civilian trucks on the Skytop site, but he seems more interested in importing Defenders now. Give him a call, maybe he has or can get something you like - (215) 426 2748.

Scrappyike
08-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Welcome!
I bought what was the last Military truck Gabor had ( about 2 years ago). He sold off the remaining trucks for parts. He has a few civilian trucks on the Skytop site, but he seems more interested in importing Defenders now. Give him a call, maybe he has or can get something you like - (215) 426 2748.

=( The trucks was what interested me. I sent him an email last month and said pretty much the same. Thanks and hope to see ya sometime.