PDA

View Full Version : Land Rovers and Polo?

Ken Heaton
08-28-2007, 09:53 PM
OK, how about a different sort of event? It may not be extreme off roading, an auto jumble, or a club picnic, but it is a worthy outdoor activity, just a bit more civilized, its POLO! On September 22 the Tinicum Park Polo Club has their annual Land Rover Cup. It is sponsored by the Great Britains, the Land Rover and Jaguar Dealer in Willow Grove.

The polo field is located along the Delaware River just north of Erwinna, PA. Since the event is sponsored by Land Rover, all Land Rovers get in free. (It is only $5.00 per car anyway) So if you have never seen a Polo game this is a good opportunity to learn about the game. It is kind of exciting as the horses really move up and down the field, at the same time it is very relaxing and low key as you just back up to the field and unload your vehicle and watch the game.

So if you are looking for something to do no September 22 give it a try. The game starts at 2:00 pm. For more information check out www.tinicumpolo.org

crazyfish
08-28-2007, 11:07 PM
If I drive the Series, do I have to bring a mule?

That's 10 miles from my house and I've never heard of the LR connection. Nice marketing!

Tom109
08-29-2007, 08:42 AM
We ususally go once a year, as it's only 5 miles from my house. A few weeks back they had a British Car day, but I found out only a few days before. It's not too bad with the right picninc if you bring your own crowd, which we certainly could do...

Never heard about the LR event before either :confused:

Tom P.

Joe
08-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Sounds like fun and only 20 miles from my house. We walk our greyhounds along the Delaware River Canal at Frenchtown sometimes, just across the river from the park. BTW, it is also "bring your dog" day on the 22nd. Hope to see some of you there.

jason
08-29-2007, 08:24 PM
If I drive the Series, do I have to bring a mule?

Is this some sort of softball lob for an "ass" comment? :D