PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Traction Control system. Great for a Series Rover

tikicar
08-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Ok, I am still clearing out some stuff I was saving. For you series guys although as long as you don't have ABS this system will work on any 4x4. You know when you loose traction with a open axel that power goes to the wheel with the least resistance. New cars have traction control that works through the abs to apply brakes to the slipping wheel. This system does it manually. This is a new in the box Selectra Trac traction control system. If you know how Line lock works for drag cars then that is basically the same thing. Made in the 70s before there were lockers for everything like now. You get a dash mounted switch system and four electric solenoids (one for each wheel) There are a bunch of fittings in the kit as well. You have a dash mounted switch system. One toggle for the front axel and one for the rear axel. You can switch the switch for either one front and one rear wheel or just one wheel if you want. So you can select which wheel has lossed traction. Then press the brakes then push the button. When you release the brake pedal (but hold the button) the wheels you chose are now locked by the brakes. This will now let the power go to the wheel that has traction. When you get unstuck release the button. Very simple and no real chance to break anything. Kit is still new in the box complete with instructions and even the warranty card. Company went out of buisness years ago. A guy I know installed these on dump trucks for a quarry years ago before they had lockers. They always got the trucks unstuck. Very cool vintage off road system. Also great for you trials guys. Can really make the truck turn by locking up one side of the brakes. I would like $ 85.00 for the kit. Again I would prefere not to have to ship but I can if nessarry. Figure $15.00 + to ship it depending on where you are. Thanks, Scott

bossongs
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
I'll bite at your asking price. Please shoot a note with payment options/details to:

bossongs@mac.com