PDA

View Full Version : Truck names

mlp141
08-30-2007, 12:50 AM
I am sure that this has been covered here before but I couldn't easily find the thread so I thought that I would fire up a new one.

I know that most of us do have names for our trucks. Galen has The Red Rocket, Sean The Short Bus and Frank drives The Strange Rover.

I have been debating the name of my 88". I tossed around a bunch of names and (Super) Grover seemed to be the choice. But, in all honesty, it just didn't fit.

Then tonight I had the epiphany: The Rusty Krab! As in the Krusty Krab from SpongeBob. It is apt -- I gots the rust -- and I am generally crabby. Seems a perfect fit.

So, what else is out there? Who are your trucks?

jason
08-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Rusty Krab. Very nice. My series is named "stupid", for a variety of reasons, none of which are the trucks fault.

crazyfish
08-30-2007, 07:43 PM
My series is named "stupid", for a variety of reasons, none of which are the trucks fault.

Naming a Series after the owner, now that's neat!

rvrsrvc
08-31-2007, 06:41 AM
I've got a 109 that visits named the Anti-christ.

scatterling
08-31-2007, 06:56 AM
Naming a Series after the owner, now that's neat!

......that was too easy!!

My trucks official military name is "Vivian" but the Kelly (most patient wife) tends to throw that name around, like its the name of my secret lover, when I have spent to much time with the truck and neglected life...apparently. :D
My licence plate is FLE..something..something so "Flea" has kind of become the name

Disco4X4XFar
08-31-2007, 12:06 PM
I call mine PIG! ITs always dirty and loves to eat(money)!

oscar
08-31-2007, 03:29 PM
It's like trying to get a date, the harder you try, the blunter the rejections.....When you get a truck, boat, car, the harder you try....the more the names aren't right.....then it just happens. The moment of zen.

galen211
08-31-2007, 03:38 PM
It's like trying to get a date, the harder you try, the blunter the rejections.....When you get a truck, boat, car, the harder you try....the more the names aren't right.....then it just happens. The moment of zen.

Well put. And as a side note YOU do not get to name your vehicle. Generally a name will be chosen for you when you do something stupid in front of other members.

I certainly didn't pick the red rocket.

galen211
08-31-2007, 03:39 PM
As another side note, you do know that only children and gay men watch SpongeBob right?

mlp141
08-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Didn't say I watched it -- just know about it. Remember, I'm a teacher of CHILDREN and need to stay in the loop.

jason
08-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Was "Lunch Lady Magnet" taken?

mlp141
08-31-2007, 06:41 PM
As another side note, you do know that only children and gay men watch SpongeBob right?

Oh, I forgot to mention -- I like to dress up like a pirate too ...

...Argggggh!

rvrsrvc
09-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Max calls my Disco Big Blue (and my Rangie Big Green) and my mom named one of my Morris Minors Beau Albion. The MD plate was ALB 107, hence Albion, which I believe is an ancient name for Great Britain, and beau according to answer.com is "boyfriend of a girl or woman; a dandy; handsome"
Hmm. what's a "dandy"?

rvrsrvc
09-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh, and I have Sereis Rover here that was in the movie "Osmosis Jones" Bill Murray drove it in a scene and the vehicle is still decorated as the fictional New England Memorial Zoo Park Patrol. Don't know if it had a nickname though.
It's definetly a bitsa though-bitsa this one, bitsa that one...

oscar
09-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Generally a name will be chosen for you when you do something stupid in front of other members.

Or, if you're lucky a family member or spouse will name the thing, and try not to hurt your feelings too much......

Thus it happened that Kermit (whom I named it after) became Mr. Toad after I took the Admiral out in it for the first time, and there were some, eh, unforgiving undulations in the pavement. So she said "Holy crap, it's Mr. Toads wild ride....."