PDA

View Full Version : Stock Michelin Tires

Alvin
08-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Hi everyone. I just purchased (at the Swap Meet) a set of Michelin XPC 4x4 Tires (OEM LR Discovery Tires). My truck had a set of Continental Contitrac SUV tires when I bought it, and since it's the only Land Rover I have ever ridden in, I have nothing to compare my truck to. When I installed the Michelin Tires, I immediately noticed that the noise level went up considerably, plus the truck seemed "bumpier". Is this normal for this type of truck? When I had the Continental tires installed, the truck rode much more like a car. Now it feels the way I had thought a truck should ride. Are the stock Michelins supposed to be noisy and bumpy? To me, it feels the way I would have expected mud tires would feel like. I am not complaining, as the truck feels fine now. I just want to know if it's normal.

Alvin
08-22-2005, 10:21 PM
I was just reading a page about the Continental tires. It seems that they really do make a huge difference. The Contitracs are really smooth and quiet. I sort of like the ride I get with them. If I can get a set of steel rims for offroading (for the mudders I hope to get), I think I am going to purchase a set of contitracs for everyday use. They were really that good.

jason
09-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Those tires you got at the sortout are still fairly mild, but will be considerably noisier on the street. I've found the noise and adverse handling to be an acceptable alternative to being stuck, however. Just wait till you start plowing through the snow with those bad boys. You'll never complain about noise again!