PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't so -- Steve to leave LRM?

mlp141
09-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Is this true?

http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40450

:confused:

crazyfish
09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeppers.

mlp141
09-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Why? Where's he going and what's he going to do? Who's taking over? This is big news (and it directly affects the club) so we need all the info we can!

mlp141
09-14-2007, 08:34 AM
I read some of the replies on DiscoWeb, but I would prefer details more from the source. Do tell.

flippedrover
09-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Heard about this back around SCC I think and just let my subscription lapse.

mlp141
09-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Steve to LROI who will now have a North American edition:

http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41018

Why don't we know this stuff first???

crazyfish
10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
LAND ROVER OWNER INTERNATIONAL (LRO) Magazine – emap automotive

PRESS RELEASE: (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE) Friday 28th September 2007

Land Rover Owner International (LRO), the world’s best selling Land Rover magazine is expanding coverage of Land Rover activities in North America.

Effective immediately Steve Hoare joins LRO as North American Editor.

Bio - Steve Hoare

We are pleased to announce that Steve Hoare has joined the LRO editorial team as our North American Editor. Based in Bucks County near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Steve will head up LRO’s expanding coverage of Land Rover activities in North America, (now Land Rover’s largest market), sharing with us some of the unique off-road locations, events, characters, lifestyle, products and accessories around USA, Canada and Mexico.

Steve’s interest in Land Rovers started at the tender age of 12 while attending boarding school in Essex, UK with the “bloody knuckle” restoration of a 1949 Land Rover Series One 80”.

Steve has been involved with Land Rovers for over thirty years. His experience spans driving and repairing most Land Rovers models originating from the early Series Land Rovers through the current models of today.
Steve still competes in competitive Land Rover events in the UK & USA and is a regular member of numerous private expeditions throughout Europe, USA and Canada.

Trained as an Engineer, Steve’s early career spanned numerous aspects of the automobile industry, including TRW (Steering/Suspension) and Aston Martin Lagonda (Product Development). He also worked for various instrument companies involved in quality assurance and environmental testing of automobiles and aircraft.

Leaving the UK (and his Series One’s) in the 1980’s, Steve had a brief sabbatical from Land Rover, his lust for adventure being filled with owning several Aston Martin DB cars (DBS & DB6 Vantage). (The obvious delight of driving several high performance hand built vehicles was highlighted with numerous “wallet emptying” tours around Europe, one of them ending with five high speed “practice” laps at the LeMans 24 Hour race).

Married with two teenagers, Steve soon recognized the practical side of owning a Land Rover Discovery and Range Rover. The brace of “coilers’ were soon joined by Steve’s first love, a Land Rover Series One 80” and more recently a “barn-find, as new” 1973 Land Rover Series III 88” Station Wagon.

LRO is pleased to have Steve join our team and will use Steve’s extensive experience and knowledge of off-road driving, recovery techniques and enthusiasm for Land Rovers to give our 336,000 readers (NRS Readership estimate April 2006-March 2007) a unique and valuable personal experience.

Frank84
10-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Congrats to Steve! Hopefully he'll enjoy his new position. Maybe I'll have to resubscribe to LRO.

bens101fc
11-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Congrats to Steve! Hopefully he'll enjoy his new position. Maybe I'll have to resubscribe to LRO.

Congrats to Steve.

That subscription number is about 10x larger than I expected to see.

When there was just LRO, I subscribed and bought all of the back issues. When LRW came around I subscribed to both. Then came LRM and I subscribed. Shortly there after came LRE. 4 mags was way too many. At the time LRO had the least content and most of the guys articles that I read were at LRM and LRE, so I let LRO lapse. Not that long after LRW became way too expensive and I let it go (though I had a relapse when they were writing about the fates of the first 48 LRs). Now I'm just with LRM and LRE. I was bummed to see the North American section go from LRM. I dunno if I want to spend the cash on LRO again. Now I'm divided. (Oh, and I know about LRL. I saw the first issue and wasn't all that impressed).

Ben