PDA

View Full Version : Another Series, another random field...

ini88
09-17-2007, 11:00 PM
I've seen this Series for some time now. It has sat in the same spot in this field for over 10 years from when I first saw it. It is located in my hometown, Endwell, NY. My parents used to work with the man that owns the truck.

Last Saturday while I was up visiting my parents I though I would go over and check it out some more and maybe offer to buy it from the guy. His wife answered the door and I could tell she was a bit scared of me. I asked about the truck and told her I was a big fan of Land Rovers and that I was interested in the truck. She told me that her husband was unable to drive it anymore so it was being handed down to their son. This bummed me out because I was hoping to have her unload it to me for a good price.

Anyways, just want to share the sighting with you guys. The truck looked like it was in bad shape anyways. rust all over the chassis and bulkhead. bees all over it too!

photos were taking with an iPhone (i was impressed with the quality!)

AdvenJack
09-23-2007, 06:28 PM
It's going to slip away into nether world... :(

oscar
09-24-2007, 01:05 AM
Do some sleuthing, find the son, wave five bills in his face....

pushngo
09-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Tell him if he gives it to you you will restore it to it's original glory and take his Dad for a ride in it.......for old times sake

What is the Sons #?

ini88
09-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Tell him if he gives it to you you will restore it to it's original glory and take his Dad for a ride in it.......for old times sake

What is the Sons #?

I was really thinking about saying that too. ive heard of people doing that and the original owners love it. I think i will make a second pass at it again later when i can talk to to father alone.