PDA

View Full Version : My dirty little secret...

cshontz
09-20-2007, 11:13 AM
I just went out to the mailbox to find the Fall 07 Rovers North publication. As I was sitting at my desk, flipping through its pages, I was thinking - I'd rather read this skinny little magazine than almost any other mainstream off-road rag. Land Rover culture appeals to me more than almost any other genre of off-roading. The problem is, I'm first and foremost a Jeeper.

I love Landy's, though I'm perfectly satisfied with my Jeep. The only thing I really feel like I'm missing out on is the culture. I do long to own another LR, but cannot justify it in any way shape or form.

How do you experience the Land Rover without actually owning one?

pushngo
09-20-2007, 11:22 AM
I just went out to the mailbox to find the Fall 07 Rovers North publication. As I was sitting at my desk, flipping through its pages, I was thinking - I'd rather read this skinny little magazine than almost any other mainstream off-road rag. Land Rover culture appeals to me more than almost any other genre of off-roading. The problem is, I'm first and foremost a Jeeper.

I love Landy's, though I'm perfectly satisfied with my Jeep. The only thing I really feel like I'm missing out on is the culture. I do long to own another LR, but cannot justify it in any way shape or form.

How do you experience the Land Rover without actually owning one?

You can drop over and sit in my parts truck all weekend if you wish

kirkt
09-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Take a pile of cash, soak it in 90wt, light it on fire and drink a beer while you watch it burn.

Admitting your addiction is the first step to recovery.

Rob P
09-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Take a pile of cash, soak it in 90wt, light it on fire and drink a beer while you watch it burn.

That is actually quite funny. Can you make that pile of money burn very slowly over a period of 10-20 years?

You could experience the Rover life same way I am. Take some retirement money out of the bank to buy a larger vehicle since your girlfriend is expecting a baby and replace your '97 Geo with a '97 Disco. Paid $100 less for the Disco (up front at least). I won't find out the true cost of ownership until my first inspection in April of '08.

Honestly though, come up to Robesonia and try to ride with somebody. I rode with Jason in his Range Rover and loved it. What a hoot!