PDA

View Full Version : Intro/ V8 swap questions

enonz73lr
10-23-2007, 08:04 PM
well first off my name is Ian. i have owned my 98 D1 sence 05' also been on discoweb sence then(enonz98lr) and my family owns 3 other rovers not including mine. this brings me to my latist project.

the one i am refering to is my 1973 SIII 88'. the frame and suspension is less then good so im doing a coil chassy swap. the donor frame is a 94 D90 chassy, which after i bought it, found out it was twisted by about 3/4. so if i cant straiten it ill just go back with a gal replacement chassy and leefs.

now for my wonderful little coiler i want plunty of power and being able to cruze at 65mph with power left. so power plant i with was something i had laying around. its a stock 350 small block out of a 1976 GMC 3/4 ton truck. trans is a 4 speed with a granny low and nice part time transfer case. has anyone done this kind of set up in their series? what body mods might i be faced with other than making room for the radiator? fire away, ill keep everyone posted as i get more work done:D

galen211
10-23-2007, 08:10 PM
There goes the neighborhood.......:D

enonz73lr
10-23-2007, 08:21 PM
There goes the neighborhood.......:D

hahaha i knew you were going to say something along those lines, sorry i did not catch up with you today but i should be on tommarow:D