PDA

View Full Version : Tires for a 97 Disco

Danny Lee 97 Discovery
11-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 97 Disco SE with 100K on it. I'm in the Pittsburgh area, is anyone closeby?

It seems to be in good shape, no body wounds, scars or missing items ( other than the owners manual and one of the caps on one of the lug nuts and the lug wrench).

Anyway I am in the market for new tires. I do mostly street or highway driving but I don't want the tires to limit the off-road capabilities as I do plan to start doing some off-roading with it.

I was considering either BFG All Terrain T/A KO's or Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor or possibly Michelin Cross Terrain SUV's. I read some phenomenal reviews on the BGF's.

Anyone got any feedback?

Also is anyone familar with the rear window ECU repair kit that roverparts.com sells. My rear windows function intermittently and the dealership wants about 360.00 for a new ecu. I saw this repair kit for 15.00,but it appears to be two splices and a piece of wire with instructions. Anybody used it?

Thanks,

Danny Lee

jason
11-07-2007, 11:25 PM
I've put about 30k on my Goodyear MT/Rs and they still have a ton of tread. A little louder on the highway than I'd like, but unmatchable on the trails.

Frank84
11-08-2007, 08:44 AM
My dad got over 90k out a set of bfg at's and now has a second set with 65k on them. They last a long time and are quiet on the highway. They are a bit expensive though and aren't good when things get really muddy. General Grabber AT2's are a new tire that looks like the bfg's and are less expensive.