PDA

View Full Version : Rausch Creek // Nov. 24, 2007

rmuller
11-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey all, I've been informally putting together an annual Thanksgiving weekend run for the past few years.. We had about 30 or so trucks last year.. we break into different smaller groups and run all day.. Most people generally stay at a local hotel the night before, then we wheel on Saturday, some people stay until Sunday for another day of wheelin...

Please note.. this is not a club organized/sponsored event... it's just a day to wheel with other rovers..

Where: Rausch Creek (www.rc4x4.org (http://www.rc4x4.org/))
When: Saturday -- November 24th, 2007 -- 9:00AM

I'll post some requirements/suggestions/more info since some people may be new:

Recovery Points.. Make sure you have them and you know how to access them and that they are rated enough for a recovery. Park Requirement.
Full Size Spare Tire - Park Requirement.
Recovery Hardware - D-Rings, Recovery Straps, Shovels, etc.. not required, but should have. I personally have 3 or so d-rings, winch, recovery strap, tree-strap, snatch block, etc.. and I'm sure other people will too.
CB Radios / Walky Talkies -- Not required, but nice to have and comes in handy.
AAA Plus - Should have this always.. nothing like breaking down far from your house and having to pay for a tow! On a similar note, if you have a Rover still under warranty (LR extended also), you should have LR Roadside recovery, which will tow you to the nearest dealership or 50 miles for free. AAA Plus will tow you 100 miles with your membership.
When you arrive, make sure you have a full tank of gas, i'm sure there are gas stations nearby. Also, don't forget quarters if you want to air down your tires.
Lunch, we'll stop for lunch on the trail, so bring something to eat!
Liquids - It's a long day, you will get thirsty.
Cigarettes - If you smoke em, make sure you have em! If you're sitting around waiting for a recovery, you'd be amazed at how much you smoke.
Garbage bag - You bring it in, you bring it out.. Even your cigarette butts.

Hotel: Comfort Inn (PA130) US 443 & I-81 , Pine Grove, PA, US, 17963. (570) 345-8031 -- Last year it was $62.99 either with AAA or if mentioning Rausch Creek.

Park costs are here: http://rc4x4.org/sis/mem.php

Children under the age of 18, require a parental waver.

Parental Waver (http://rc4x4.org/dep/docs/parental_waiver_new.pdf)

Membership Application/Waver (http://rc4x4.org/dep/docs/member_app_new.pdf)

Rausch Creek Main Page (http://www.rc4x4.org/)

The main thread on this is over on Muddy Oval: http://muddyoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6698 ... if you're planning on attending, either post up over there, or post here so I can add you to the list.. I just want to get an estimate of how many people are attending so I can let Lynn at RC know..

Frank84
11-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I'll be there!

flippedrover
11-08-2007, 05:55 PM
So am I.

derekdilks
11-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Count me in...

GadgetRick
11-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Just made my reservations. $58.88 per night for mentioning RC.

Might actually bring the Rangie, just have to do the greens if I bring that instead. Thinking of taking it since we won't have it all that much longer...

FlatulentFox
11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
I am so there.

Frank84
11-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Everything still on track for this? I'm planning to drive out with two friends. I'm still not sure if we'll make it Friday night or just meet at the park. I know that the hotel most are staying at is already booked. We might be doing some repairs on a rangie Friday before leaving so it will depend what time we get done and if we can book a room.

What kind of groups are you breaking down into? I want to have fun but still drive home. I made it home from robesonia with a hole in the radiator and no power steering and would rather not have to do $500 in repairs two weeks in a row!

rmuller
11-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Yup, everything is still on ... have about 35 people coming.. there is a lot more info in the thread on MO: http://muddyoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6698 ... groups are;

Beginner
- For people new/relatively new to offroad
- Run greens

Intermediate
- People with a bit more experience, slightly modified truck
- greens/blues

Advanced
- Modified trucks, high clearance, good tires
- mostly blues some blacks

Expert
- Modified trucks w/ lockers or experienced drivers
- Blacks (Maybe some reds?)

I'll be leading the advanced..

rvrsrvc
11-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Boy o boyI hope I can.

Frank84
11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Wow, that's a big group! I'll probably do the intermediate group. Can't wait!

cboy
11-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Since the Comfort Inn is all booked, a few of us are in the EconoLodge next door.

GadgetRick
11-21-2007, 11:34 AM
We always have a nice group for this one. I may do the greens to start and lead a group (if needed). Might switch over at lunch to the blues though. We'll see how things go. I don't want to beat the truck too much right now as I'm broke and have no money for serious repairs. ;)

thechrisr
11-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Where is Rauch Creek? Would it be okay ro young children ridng along? Im interested in joining as Iv missed most of the gatherings in the past year.
-Chris L

rmuller
11-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Rausch Creek is in Joilett, PA.. near Tremont.. There are directions on www.rc4x4.org ...

Yea, people do bring their kids of all ages, the responsibility falls on you to make sure they are safe though. I don't know your skill level or experience, but if you are new to offroading, the 'green' trails there are basically dirt roads and don't pose much hazard...

Evan
11-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Possiblity my son and I will be there .. Can I follow someone as we're new to this 'off-road' thing ?

rmuller
11-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Yeah, we are going to break up into multiple groups.. there will be a beginner group.. there is a trail leader who is experienced and has skills in recovery and spotting through obstacles.. just all work together, drive as slow as possible as fast as needed... if you get to a spot where you're unsure about, stop and ask for someone to spot you through it..

crazyfish
11-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Possiblity my son and I will be there .. Can I follow someone as we're new to this 'off-road' thing ?

lolololol

flippedrover
11-22-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm going to skip out on this one. Hope ya'll have fun.

derekdilks
11-23-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm going to skip out on this one. Hope ya'll have fun.

Then who will I count on to check on me if I have to limp home on Rt 322?

flippedrover
11-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Then who will I count on to check on me if I have to limp home on Rt 322?
Umm Trevor?? Hehe so what turned out to be the problem?

rvrsrvc
11-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Trashed the rotoflex.
Thanks to Ryan and Co for getting this together. Had a great group and a good time.
Derek only needs a window and a taillamp, and it'll be good as new-ish.

rmuller
11-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Trashed the rotoflex.
Should have let us known, Eric had a spare with him..

Thanks to Ryan and Co for getting this together. Had a great group and a good time.
Glad you had a good time, seemed like everyone did... great turnout today, I estimated about 30-34 trucks.. btw, do you remember how many trucks were in your group? I can get a better estimate of how many trucks total.

Derek only needs a window and a taillamp, and it'll be good as new-ish.

And a new spare tire, right? :)

pushngo
11-25-2007, 10:34 AM
We had 8 in our group and I believe Derik was the only casualty with yes a tire, the lamp and window

John C blew a bead but I believe the tire was OK

I had a great time had to cut out early just as things were getting better but a great day anyway

Thanks Ryan a great outing

Frank84
11-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Great time - especially since I didn't drive! It was so much more relaxing!

Ryan - I think we had 8 in the morning group (Andy's group) and then 5 in the afternoon.

derekdilks
11-25-2007, 06:50 PM
x2 Ryan, thanks for getting everyone together....

total carnage past two weeks:
Rotoflex (toasted at Robisonia)
One 305/70/16 GY MT (sidewall puncture on rock)
passenger rear window (I'm just an idiot, thought I was paying attention)
passenger tail lamp (same incident as above)

:confused:

rvrsrvc
11-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about the tyre. Already ordered a replacement ....

Frank84
11-25-2007, 09:54 PM
x2 Ryan, thanks for getting everyone together....

total carnage past two weeks:
Rotoflex (toasted at Robisonia)
One 305/70/16 GY MT (sidewall puncture on rock)
passenger rear window (I'm just an idiot, thought I was paying attention)
passenger tail lamp (same incident as above)

:confused:

That's why I left my car home this weekend. I didn't need to lengthen my list after robesonia.

crazyfish
11-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Pics of the Advanced Group posted.

http://gallery.roversclub.org/thumbnails.php?album=7

derekdilks
11-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Pics of the Advanced Group posted.

http://gallery.roversclub.org/thumbnails.php?album=7

Couldn't connect at 4:45 11/28 Getting errors?

MySQL said: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

crazyfish
11-28-2007, 08:58 PM
oops sorry, gallery down while I do some updates on the server. Maybe two days max. Cleaning house......

crazyfish
12-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Gallery up and running on a new faster server. Enjoy.