PDA

View Full Version : A McMullin Thank You

Evan
11-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Big Thanks to the McMullin clan for all their efforts in hosting another great event! .Thanks to all who helped set up , donnated prizes, carried pizza cleaned up.. Woo hoo another GREAT EVENT ! ..

PS .. I should have bought a disco long ago..my arms didn't hurt when I got home tonight ! ;)

tikicar
11-11-2007, 08:02 PM
I had a great time today as well as my friend George. George had several rovers over the last 10 years, Range Rovers and several series. All gone now. He is going through a rough divorce right now. He really enjoyed it alot. We were already talking about me finding a cheap rough disco or classic at auction to use as a trail rig. I enjoyed meeting everyone. Sorry we left early but i work 6 days a week and since Sunday is my only day to get things done I had to go. Maybe in the Spring we will have a trail rig to beat up. The XD ran fine home but when I pulled in the driveway I could smell a hot brake. The left rear was hot. The caliper must be dragging slightly. It will still coast in neutral so it is not locked up but not fully released I guess. Well it is always something. That is why I didn't play today untill I get all of this little stuff solved. It is a rover so that might never happen. Thanks again to everyone, Scott 97 XD

MDDisco
11-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I concur... I appreciate all the hard work everyone put into the event. Michelle and I had a great time and wil def be back. Hope to see you all agsin soon!!!

-Ryan (Blue 03' Disco)

mlp141
11-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Kudos to the McMullens -- it's amazing that they do this twice a year. They really are good folks. Strange. But good folks nonetheless. :)

03springer
11-12-2007, 09:35 AM
This was my first time out since I joined the club. Me and my son had a great time. My D2 has less parts front and back but I`ll get er fixed. Thanks to the Mcmullens for a great time and a new front air dam. I`ll need it. I learned a lot about my Rover and it`s capabilities. I was very surprised in what it could do totaly stock. i do want to get a lift,tires and Rovertym front bumper.
And thanks to everyone else for all help.

Bob

Frank84
11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Awesome event as always! Thank you McMullin's! And thank you Galen for buying me that hi lift jack:) Next year you should give out steering boxes though.

Rob P
11-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Thankyou very much McMullin's for hosting us. It was a hoot and lots of fun to boot. I had a good time. First time really Four wheelin in about 12 or so years and it was great to do again. Thanks for the terrain.

galen211
11-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Always a good time! And congrats to Frank!

pygmypotomus
11-13-2007, 11:30 AM
I had the best time! Can't wait to get out there with my own little beast.

You folks were all so friendly, and the woods were gorgeous. Sorry we had to leave early, but our (non-car-fiend) friend Alia had had enough. Let's get together and talk trucks!

Sharon (& Matt)

PS - In case you have any trouble sleeping at night:
needlegrrl.blogspot.com

pygmypotomus
11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/needlegrrlpics/sets/72157603165349824/

galen211
11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/needlegrrlpics/sets/72157603165349824/

Thanks! So you'll be ready to run in the Spring correct?:)

pygmypotomus
11-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Oh HECK yeah! Can anybody recommend some trails for me to practice on? I'm in Paoli.

Also - Shaun arrives on the 26th in Baltimore. I've done the import thing in Tacoma WA but not here. Anything I should know? Anyone want to come with? I'll cover your gas and lunch. :)

crazyfish
11-14-2007, 01:57 PM
I think Oscar picked up his Rover there....

oscar
11-15-2007, 11:18 AM
I did what where? My Rover came from Stratford upon Avon, UK.

And, I was a lame ass, all talk-no walk no-show this weekend. I'm putting a 26x24 foot lean-to onto the Barn to cover a variety of rolling stock and I am in a race against time to get it up and roofed before the weather and my vacation run out.... I got behind and the outing had to go.

Next time, I promise.

crazyfish
11-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Didn't you pick up your Rover in Baltimore? or was it Philly?

oscar
11-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Ah, yes. It was shipped to Baltimore. Now I see what yer talking about...

I've done the import thing in Tacoma WA but not here. Anything I should know?

I used an agent.....costs about $200-$300. All documents were scanned, e-mailed and sign-offs were all digital as well. At some point it "showed released" in the system, No fuss no muss. Running around yourself can take a day.

The actual picking up was a trip. The last people you see are the dockworkers that have to find it in the huge pile of vehicles. When the ship docks it vomits out it's contents and these people try to keep track of things but can't. And there's truckers waiting for their loads, clock ticking. They loose combines...... It's a zoo.

There are people driving around looking for things, make friends with them. The advantage is that the Landies are tall, they stick out above the sea of Japanese citizens transports. If it starts you are waaay ahead of the game. I was able to hitch a ride with a "spotter", find it and drive it to the office. The guy in there had to verify the VIN, and sign some papers and that was it. We were in and out in two hours....I felt that to be expeditious. Plan accordingly.

This

pygmypotomus
11-18-2007, 09:25 PM
No interest in using an agent - I never did before and I'd rather spend the day than $300. :) I'll just wander around and smile at the driver guys.

jason
11-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Sorry I missed it. First one I missed in 4 years (I think). :( It's great meeting the new people at Robesonia because that's where I got hooked and you can see the process recycling. See you there in the Spring. Any talk about Spruce Cabin yet?

flippedrover
11-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Sorry I missed it. First one I missed in 4 years (I think). :( It's great meeting the new people at Robesonia because that's where I got hooked and you can see the process recycling. See you there in the Spring. Any talk about Spruce Cabin yet?
Evan said he was going to leave it up to the club. But I don't think we picked a weekend. Or i could be wrong.

mlp141
11-20-2007, 01:04 AM
A handful of folks, including myself, pointed at the Presidents' Day weekend in Feb. It's nice to have a built in recovery day on Monday 9for those lucky enough to).

derekdilks
11-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Any more pictures anyone?

03springer
11-23-2007, 03:14 PM
I have some pictures but am not sure how to upload them!!!:(

crazyfish
11-23-2007, 03:45 PM
You can upload 5 per post, size should be less than ( uhh umm ) 700 or 640 wide. Just select the "Manage Attachments" button you see below. Choose the files off your computer, Click the "Upload" image, close that pop up window and "Submit Reply"

03springer
11-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Hers some pics

03springer
11-23-2007, 05:13 PM
oops, didn`t work.

MDDisco
11-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Can I email someone pics from outlook and have them post them with a quicker method than trying to resize all mine. Post your email and Ill send them to you! Got some good off kilter ones!

mlp141
11-24-2007, 01:25 PM
I sent Galen a CD with a few hundred images. He is due to forward that CD to Sean and then it should all go up in the gallery. Here's one shot -- just to tease you.

--P

Rob P
11-25-2007, 12:34 AM
when I went into making up pages for online viewing on my own webspace, I found a program called "Web album generator" that I like a lot. It makes it very simple and when I can use some computer program that doesn't cause hair loss I think it's great. Look at this link here: http://www.ornj.net/webalbum/ and look for the link labeled WAG in the orange box half way down the right side. The program will resize pictures to 640x480 and maintain size ratios as well. It puts the pages you make into a folder and then you just drag and drop the whole folder into your personal webspace. Here is a page I made with the program:http://users.adelphia.net/~captincvmn/trailer/

Check it out and see what you think. I have also used the program to resize the pictures only and then I pull them out of the main folder and trash the folder.

derekdilks
11-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Who was the guy with the fancy camera that probably cost more than my truck?? He was taking tons of pics, and won the tuffy box.... Is that mlp141?

crazyfish
11-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Not to hijack this Robesonia thread, but who the hell won? What were the prizes?

Probably MLP - Michael ex G4 Disco owner.
Galen, Red Series and newsletter publisher.

mlp141
11-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Who was the guy with the fancy camera that probably cost more than my truck?? He was taking tons of pics, and won the tuffy box.... Is that mlp141?

'Twas me. I sent that CD out last week so stay tuned.

G -- what's the status with those images?

Rob P
11-28-2007, 10:42 PM
The Strange Rover won the event piloted by Frankie. I believe he got a high lift jack out of the deal and all our admiration.

Frank84
11-29-2007, 11:27 AM
The Strange Rover won the event piloted by Frankie. I believe he got a high lift jack out of the deal and all our admiration.

Now I need bumpers and sliders to use the jack on...hint, hint for next year