PDA

View Full Version : Scam?

rvrsrvc
11-12-2007, 06:15 PM
I've received two PM's today from someone looking for parts I have listed for sale. The letter is written in as manner similar to every letter I have ever received about somebody wanting to buy something for more than I'm asking and with certified funds from an off shore account.
The poster has 0 posts and no personal data.
I don't want to drag this guy onto the board until I confirm this with the webmaster, but be aware.
Trevor

mlp141
11-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Trevor -- have you seen the commercial where actors try to "sell" those classic Nigerian scams. It's very funny watching an old man explain how a woman won the lottery in Vloblanistan and that in order to collect she needs to turn over her bank account number and so and so on.

Did you win the lottery Trevor?

crazyfish
11-12-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm wondering about that account too. If anyone else gets these, copy and paste to me please.

jason
11-12-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm beginning to really hate Nigerians. I have to relist some ebay stuff because of a scammer. Grrr.:mad:

rvrsrvc
11-13-2007, 10:30 AM
It's kinda funny-I received those kinds of responses before from ebay and other sites, ignored or replied that this smells like a scam and the $50 whatever for sale will cost $10,000, but this one hits me in the fun spot.
I always feel "safe" at this forum and this guy (or gal) is violating my comfort zone!
May a thousand fleas infest his armpits.

crazyfish
11-13-2007, 12:16 PM
He's banned, but will problably come back as someone else. Let me know.