PDA

View Full Version : Hella Lamps

thechrisr
11-21-2007, 09:42 PM
I have a Rovertym bumper that Im looking to match p with three lamps. I was looking at the Hella 4000's but I have no clue what would be the best for a three lamp setup and where to get a good deal (new or remanufactured).

Oh yeah, and Im trying to convince my wife to get me them for christmas.

ANy suggestons?

-Chris L.

rvrsrvc
11-22-2007, 09:03 AM
I am partial to the 4k's for there solid mounting, the strength of the cast alloy housings and a variety of light beam patterns. They have Pencil, Fog, and Driving patterns and some have a a City Light feature- a low watt bulb that could be wired to operate with the parking lights similar to the D1 and 2.
Ck out www.rallylights.com for a detailed explanation of the lamp patterns and a good price list.
I also use the optional clear arcylic lamp guards to protect the lenses instead of the white plastic ones that come with the lights.

thechrisr
11-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks
Im definitely leaning toward the 4000 lamps. Would a combination of two cornering lamps and one pencil beam be a good choice for a three light setup?

How d I know which ones have the option for the low watt parking lamp?

One last thing, is there a spcial harness or relay I should get to use a three lamp setup?

-Chris

Tom109
11-28-2007, 12:07 PM
If you put cornering beams in the outer two positions, I'd put a euro beam in the center. Pencil beams usually require multiple lights to be effective, so I think you'd be disappointed with just one...

Tom P.

rvrsrvc
11-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Or, wire the center mounted pencil beam to work with the highbeams (relay controlled of course).
I use a Painless Performance headlamp kit, 30815 I believe, to supplement the exisitng headlamp wiring and fitted 80/100w bulbs to the headlamps. Very nice light coverage. I've done this to both the Disco and the Classic.

thechrisr
12-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks guys. Now Iv got to do some shopping.
-CL

Rineheitzgabot
12-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Dude, no one has addressed the wife thing.

First you must try and convince her that the lights will benefit her somehow. And the only reason you want them is because you are trying to keep your family secure when the family is traveling in the vehicle, blah blah. You must not be so obvious as Homer Simpson buying his wife a bowling ball, however.

The above only works in certain instances. You cannot be a shiftless loser or a crafty salesman (which I hope that you are not:) Otherwise your reputation may preceed you and blow the whole concept.

Good luck!