PDA

View Full Version : Treasured Motor Cars in Reistertown, MD???

MDDisco
11-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I was told by someone that treasured Motor cars was a reputable dealer for Rover maintenance. Do one of the mechanics or owners belong to our club? I emailed them today to get an idea for the 60K service and they told me it would be approx $850 + another $530 if I have to have my plug wires changed(because they said it takes 4 hrs). I see this as being a little odd becuase the dealer charges $975 with everything included. Just wanted to know your opinion. Just seems a little unreasonable for someone to charge MORE than the STEALER. Thanks!!

Evan
11-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes ...a long standing member here.. Trevor is now out on his own with his own shop. His parents own /operate Treasured. The rover expertice was Trevor.. He posts here under RVRSRVC

PS.. he responded to you in the "What have you got to offer thread"

rvrsrvc
11-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Yep, that would be me. No longer directly involved with Treasured, but still involved with the family!
Hmmm, $1300+ vs 1k? That's not a small difference and I wonder if an apples to apples comparison of the estimates would indicate where the differences are.
I'm assuming this is a DII as the wires are very expensive from the dealer and although not absolutely necessary, removal of the upper intake to gain access to the coils to fit the wires (and to route them into the looms correctly to avoid RFI type misfires) and the subsequent upper intake gasket add a considerable time/dollar to the service.
Talk to Jim Booth there and ask him to get you an estimate. My dad, Geoffrey, is better versed in cars with distributors and carbs!

I was thinking about having a club shop day sometime in December and that would be a fun project if you want to wait that long.

pushngo
11-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Take the time and bring your car to Trevor.

I won't get in to the TMS discussion

MDDisco
11-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the input Trevor. Keep up posted on that shop day... only have 55K on it right now but want to knock it out. Thanks!!!

Trevor.. where is your own shop located? Do you still work on Rovers?

flippedrover
11-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Shop day would rock.

rvrsrvc
11-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm in Elizabethtown near Hershey, PA. I only work on Rovers. Plus my wife's Subaru, and only because I have too.

rmuller
11-25-2007, 11:37 AM
I've heard of multiple instances where LR dealership has charged around $1k for a 60k service, and not touch the wires or plugs... plus the dealership charges an outrageous amount for the wires and plugs.

MDDisco
12-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Well according to a mechanic at my LR dealer, you have to be very careful to make sure stuff getting done is actually getting done. This whole LR dealer crap is really pissing me off. How bout you just be honest with the customer and do honest work. They charge like there Johns Hopkins of car care and they have First year residents working on my rover.

jason
12-04-2007, 09:51 PM
If you're anywhere close to Princeton Land Rover, we've got a club member there in service. He's saved me many $$ over the years.

jason
12-04-2007, 09:52 PM
If you're anywhere close to Princeton Land Rover, we've got a club member there in service. He's saved me many $$ over the years.

But there's still no one better than Trevor! :D

rvrsrvc
12-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Oh, now I'm blushing!

jason
12-06-2007, 10:15 PM
I figured I may as well start buttering you up now for when I drop 'Stupid' at your door. ;)

rvrsrvc
12-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Bring it on! I'm now accepting appointments for '09.