PDA

View Full Version : Series Shop Day in PA DEC 2

crazyfish
11-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Just a reminder about next Sunday Series Only Shop Day in Lebanon, PA
Start 9AM, bring your Rover and whatever parts you need to replace and we
can get you back on the road and ready for winter.

This is at Bill Simon's rather awesome garage....

I'm pretty sure it's DEC 2....

pygmypotomus
11-28-2007, 11:28 AM
I'll probably be there with my new beastie, working the kinks out. Who's got an address?

galen211
11-28-2007, 11:37 AM
I'll probably be there with my new beastie, working the kinks out. Who's got an address?

An address kind of doesn't exist. It's in a back alley and Bill doesn't own the house in front of it. Hang on and I'll see if I can find it. I think it is something like Raspberry Alley or something.

How is your new buggy? Did you get it home?

galen211
11-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Close, it's Prune Alley. It's at the corner of Prune Alley and Poplar St. You can't miss it, it a large white garage with 4 doors (it's actually two buildings very close together) and oh yeah, it's full of Land Rovers.

Mapquest (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=%5b524%2d599%5d%20Prune%20Aly&city=Lebanon&state=PA&zipcode=17042&country=US&location=OLiHOpHN7S%2bUFQgBQOcoFxS4hhtwGvdN5ut44Ak UunUiJRytizXTXR8Y7GCTGbkKkMi7O6y82nfkiV9mSMsxmT4NP pcBEbuV3ApfTsd%2fheL2pm3p2diOz52JFXBoWzB8DzO4xegyM yXSgQp4Pcsq0Q%3d%3d&ambiguity=1)

pygmypotomus
11-28-2007, 02:59 PM
I've never been to Lebanon before (remember I'm a recent transplant from Seattle) so I'll be using my GPS. An address nearby would be most helpful. :)

Shaun is still going through Customs. Hopefully he'll be released soon so I can get him Thurs or Fri.

Sharon

ETA: Oops - never mind - just saw the Mapquest link

pygmypotomus
11-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Got Shaun today. Boy, that port is a serious disaster. Tacoma was much easier / faster / more efficient. I suspect Rube Goldberg designed Baltimore's security system while on crack.

Anyway, the truck looks great, just what I expected. I had a bad scare when I stopped at a friend's house on the way back. I was horrified to see an oily water river streaming across the driveway. I was thinking blown gasket, (or worse) and cursing that eBay seller. Then I realized the spare battery he'd put in the left front floor space had tipped over, and was leaking. It went through the drain holes and washed off the undercarriage. Shaun was fine! *whew* Smokes a bit, but don't they all?

High on the priority list:
Seat that's actually fixed to the truck, heater (brrr!),fuel gauge, temp gauge, interior lights.

mlp141
12-01-2007, 08:32 AM
High on the priority list ... heater (brrr!) ...

Hahaha! Silly rabbit.

Got any fresh pix?

pygmypotomus
12-01-2007, 11:02 AM
You'll have to wait til tomorrow. The USB ports on my computer stopped working and Matt took his to work. Won't be home till 8am tomorrow.

pygmypotomus
12-02-2007, 07:11 PM
A HUGE thank you to Tom, Bill, and Jeff. After a thorough inspection, I now have a slightly scary to-do list and a cleaner radiator.

Coming home there was a change in the engine pitch and then I lost power. My foot was still on the floor, but the speedo was dropping rapidly. Pulled over, turned the engine off. Matt and I poked around uselessly. Started him back up and he drove home just fine. No clue what that was all about.

Anyway, when's the next one? I'll bring my portable table and needles and treat everybody. I also do bodywork for those afraid of pointy things. :)

Sharon
PS - 2 pics from today here:
needlegrrl.blogspot.com

ETA:: Shaun was dead as a doornail today. We must have caused a short when playing around with the electrical system. Oops! :)