PDA

View Full Version : Series III Heater Fan

sven
11-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Anyone? I really just need the plastic fan cage on the end of the motor.

siiirhd88
11-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Let me look in the pile and see what I can find. I know I have several old fans. Do you have the fan cage diameter and width?

Bop

sven
11-30-2007, 09:54 AM
I'll measure it tonight, thanks.

sven
11-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Ok its 4 1/4" across and 2 1/4" deep. I could actually use the motor too, even if it doesnt work..I messed up a bushing on mine.

Sven

siiirhd88
11-30-2007, 10:13 PM
OK, I will see what I can find. It might be Monday until I can go thru the pile.

I know I have a complete fan on a recent RHD bulkhead purchase.

Getting colder, huh?

Bob

sven
12-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks Bob.

This truck never had working heat since I bought it. So I was thinking of using the stock stuff for defrost and adding an aux heater elsewhere for cabin heat.

siiirhd88
12-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Exactly what I did on the wife's 109. I used an MGB (?) heater (fan and the heater core in the same housing) mounted under the left wing exhausting thru a cutout in the footwell top to a fabbed plenum, and duct hoses running to the defrost diffusers. A heater and three speed fan from Summit Racing is mounted on the top of the trans tunnel, just recirculating air in the cab. I had to cut two holes thru the bulkhead for the heater hoses. Coolant flow is in series (get it! :) from the engine into the cab heater, out to the inlet of the defrost heater, and back to the engine.

Bob

siiirhd88
12-03-2007, 08:36 PM
I found one fan motor in the pile, and the one from the recent bulkhead. The one from the pile is clean but tight to turn. You might be able to salvage a bearing. The fan cage has one split on the edge that could be superglued. The one from the bulkhead is badly rusted and won't turn. The fan cage is good. PM your address and I will send them along.

Bob