PDA

View Full Version : My Landy.... "Beautiful?"

pygmypotomus
12-16-2007, 11:33 AM
I love my little truck, but the words that spring to mind are cute, adorable, tough, unique...

Imagine my surprise when a guy chased me down in a parking lot yesterday to rave over and over about how "beautiful" Shaun is. Hmm. Battered, multicolored, spouting clouds of white smoke, he's more Alfalfa than Sophia Loren. But hey, who am I to argue?

galen211
12-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Get used to it, when you drive a Series people will chase you down all the time.

The other week I had two clerks at a gas station discussing my truck while it was at the pump and I was getting a soda. They thought it looked like an old milk delivery truck??????? That was a new one.

mlp141
12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Get used to it, when you drive a Series people will chase you down all the time.

HAHA! Like it's hard to chase down a Series, oh, unless you're walking. :)

pygmypotomus
12-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm used to the attention - Having a London Taxi as my daily driver meant constant photos, machine-gun questions, and endless tours of the interior in every parking lot.

It was just the word he chose that caught me by surprise. :)

PS - re: milk truck - people thought Wendolene was everything from a hearse to a flower delivery van. I had the announcer at a car show call her "some kind of... prison car" despite the lit-up TAXI sign on her roof.

Evan
12-17-2007, 06:56 PM
My favovite with the pick-up cab on ,"Hey mister what year is your scout?" . Many think its an old mail truck .. The best is pulling up to the parking valet parking at my X-wifes work xmas party and handing the kid the hand crank .. For even more fun...... pull into a New Rover dealer and tell-em you want to trade.. even up of course..
Most important have fun with it !