+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galvanizing

Default Galvanizing

Does anyone know a shop that does galvanizing in the eastern Pennsylvania area?
    Ken Heaton

1972 Series III
    1963 MGB

Default Galvy??

There was a place in Allentown.. The old Lehigh Steel complex.. Visible from the bridge where Tilghman becomes Union off of Front Street.. They had a stripping tank large enough for a car body there also..

Terry Allen found some one local to do stuff for him when he redid his series....that was more than a few years ago too.. I'm not really helping here am I ....

Default Galvanizing

Thanks Evan,
    I actually know people who used to work there so I will ask them if they know if there is still galvanizing done there. I will also check with a few of the steel fabricators in the area.
    Ken
    Ken Heaton

1972 Series III
    1963 MGB

I will be having a 109 chassis and numerous other pieces done in the next few weeks by:

V & S Lebanon Galvanizing LLC,
    153 Micro Dr
    Jonestown, PA , 17038-8743
    Phone: 717-861-7777

They are located north of Lebanon near the I-81 / I-78 split. I have talked with them a few times, and they seem easy to deal with. A friend had a number of small Series pieces galvanized by them last year with no problem.

They have a minimum cost for weight, but even with the 109 chassis I won't be near the max. If you intend to only do a few small items you can tag them along with my job.

Bob

Thumbs up Galvanizing

Hi Bob,
    That might work out fine, I have to get all the pieces together. I have to get them off the body, so I will need to drill out the rivets. I will let you know how I am making out with this effort.

Thanks.
    Ken Heaton

1972 Series III
    1963 MGB

Ken,

Are you working on an 88 or 109? I have extra 88 cappings that I plan on sending along, just for spares. I too have to drill out all of the rivets on the 109 cappings before I send them.....

Bob

Default 88

Hi Bob,
    I am working on an 88 inch Series III. I have quite a few holes to drill to get everything ready for galvanizing.
    Ken
    Ken Heaton

1972 Series III
    1963 MGB

Hi Ken,

I will be sending at least two sets of 88 cappings for galvanizing. One set will be for the rollover rebuild, and one set extra. If I have time I might be able to send another spare set along.

Bob

Hi Bob,
    When do you plan to send them to the galvanizing shop?
    Ken Heaton

1972 Series III
    1963 MGB

Hi Ken,

I'm hoping to drop off the parts on Friday Jan. 25, but that depends on the sandblasting. I need to remove the black paint and Waxoyl skim coat from the chassis, first.

Bob

+ Reply to Thread