+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Short Bus Shop Day, Frame swap & BBQ

Got the exhaust mostly on - one manifold bolt is busted and the rest is "almost". Started it up and ran it up and down the alley. Neighbors cheered, it was kind of funny, but they handed me a cold beer. Brakes don't work, need serious bleeding, idle is funny, and I'm sure the timing is way off. Got the wheels back on.

Starting a new thread for the end.
    1966 109 SW The Short Bus

Got the roof rack and new spots up and bolted in. Brakes are a bit better. More paint, more sanding. Got all the basic wiring do, new fuse box completed, a few gages.

I did let the smoke out, as one time I jammed all the wires in to close up the panel, went to start it, smoke started pouring out of the high beam section. Turns out, I had one loose live wire in there.... I'm still not sure what it is for but it's all taped up. Need to figure out oil pressure gauge, fuel gauge, and get a new dip switch. Can't figure out where the voltage stabilizer goes.

Couldn't figure out why the blinkers didn't work, and a IIa wiring diagram doesn't even list one.... Found it on a Series III and hooked up the missing green wire and all is good.

Took it for a 5 block ride, no brakes until the 4th pump. Still fun and exciting. Love the no doors driving too!
    1966 109 SW The Short Bus

Can you just lift your doors off like on a lightweight? Or do you need to unbolt them each time?

Either way, it's looking great!
    '89 Range Rover
    '95 D90

+ Reply to Thread