+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where my money will not be going anymore!

Hybrid View

Thumbs down Where my money will not be going anymore!

This is just a FYI only, but I am guessing some people love them and some people hate them.

So last Monday at about 9:05 I called DAP to buy 3 series II chassis from them. This lady with a British accent answered the phone and took down my name, phone number and the suffixes of the chassis I needed. She said someone would call me in about 10 minutes. I had the website open and the price of the chassis was $1895 when I called. Fast forward to 4 pm when I realized no one had called me back yet, I check the website and the price of the chassis are now $2395 and not a call from them. Well, its a week later and no phone call. This was my third bad encounter with DAP and I refuse to spend any more money with a company that has no principals.

Well this was my two cents, now I am buying the chassis from Atlantic British. Its not a series IIa chassi like I needed but the customer service is much much better.

I'v got mixed feelings about DAP myself. I've gotten some good deals from them and good service in the past. But I've also gotten a few parts that I felt were lower grade - however, I paid less so it didn't really surprise me. I only have good things to say about RN and AB though - never had an issue.
    '89 Range Rover
    '95 D90

Default Dap

I've used DAP many times over the years, Al saved my but by getting a part to me when my son (who was 6 at the time) and I were stranded . That said there does seem to be a difference in DAP post Steve Young . FWIW

Wow. I'm sure at the first price they had at least a little profit per frame, and the opportunity to move 3 relatively slow moving, costly inventory should have brought out at least a sigh of relief and a thank you, not a greedy gouge.
    Sure, metal prices are rising, but not that quickly!

Wow, I missed the part about 3 chassis. That is indeed bad customer service. I have never used them but I never plan to either. I wish RovahFarm would carry the big stuff!
    '59 SII

I also called twice last week about this order (since I will be getting one of the frames) and specifically asked to talk to Steve Young on the messages. No one has ever called me back either.

AndrewT
    2004 Disco S
    1993 NAS D110
    1966 Series IIA SWB

+ Reply to Thread