+ Reply to Thread

Thread: relocated track bar / stabilizer

Default relocated track bar / stabilizer

Has anyone done heim joints in stead of rod ends? I have a rovertym heavy duty drag link and their reloacted damper... but i have been driving on the road alot and just sheared a heim joint! just seeing what else is out there as my hub knuckles are bored out so a regular rod end won't fit (b/c of the taper). thanks.

What do you have? There is no heim joint in an RTE Drag Link unless you have the hi steer and I thought there was only 2 of those, Steve has one and I have the other. Did you put in 1 ton TREs and increase the taper? There is a heim in the adjustable Panhard rod though. Send me a pic ..please.
    Where's my winch controler

I have (supposedly... as they were installed by a previous owner) the RTE heavy duty drag link and tie rod bars on the front suspension. The steering damper (stabilizer) has been relocated to the front of the axel (similar to the defender setup). But instead of rod ends (ball joints), heim joints were installed. and to do so the tapered fitting on the knuckle was bored out so a bolt would fit through it and the heim flush. You'll have to stop over to check it out.. but i'll email a pic of the sheared heim.

No doubt !!! Heims should be supported from both sides that is why TREs are the way they are I would pull the knuckles off your parts truck and get a new Drag link I can get you a good price from a friend of mine Let me know

Randy
    Where's my winch controler

+ Reply to Thread