+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exhaust Sealer

Default Exhaust Sealer

My 95 Disco just failed the PA inspection last week for having a slight exhaust leak in the joint between the Exhaust manifods and the Y-pipe. The leak has been like this since the day I installed them 5 years ago. Any how, I got new gaskets for the y-pipe joints (the metal one with some sort of felt cushion in between the layers). The shop manual says to use Exhaust Sealer on the syatem joint. Does this mean the "Olive" at teh main joint to the muffler or does is incluse applying the goo to the gaskets between the y-pipe and manifolds?

Ive never used sealer on the Olive in the past and never had a leak, may main concern is the manifold/y-pipe gaskets.

If needed can anyone recommend a specific brant or type. I have many tubes of gasket dressing and sealers, but none that specifically list exhaust on them.

Not a clue.........Gasket sealer on Exaust donuts?
    "Professional Driver on closed course-Do Not Attempt"
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a dead battery.

'96 Discovery w/redneck lift, '04 Discovery (Sold, I almost cried, ALOT!)
    Captincvmn@verizon.net

I suppose some exhaust seam sealer on the olive between the y-pipe and muffler wouldn't hurt but I've never put anything on any of those gaskets and I don't think it says to in the shop manual.
    '89 Range Rover
    '95 D90

+ Reply to Thread