+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cruise Control

Default Cruise Control

Any over the counter remedy's I can do for my CC that stopped working on my 2000 Disco? before I take it to the shop.
    The light comes on the button when you hit it, but no joy.
    Thanks

I aint no mechanical genius, but I'll take a whack at it.......

Not sure if there is a digital speed input for the cruise or if it is related to the antilock or not. Might try to stomp the brakes in loose gravel and see if they pump and groan.....ditto the traction control if so equiped.

I know on my '96 disco I was told by these fine folk that there is a vacuum hose that runs from the pump under the bottle jack area under the hood up to the bellows on the throttle linkage. I'd give all of that a good looking over as well as any fuse even closely related to "stuff."

Easiest way to check fuses without pulling them is with a test light and touch the pointy end on both sides of the fuse on the back and make sure the 12v is going through.
    "Professional Driver on closed course-Do Not Attempt"
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a dead battery.

'96 Discovery w/redneck lift, '04 Discovery (Sold, I almost cried, ALOT!)
    Captincvmn@verizon.net

Check/replace the vacuum lines.
    '89 Range Rover
    '95 D90

Thumbs up Cruise Control

Franks right.,
    Get some black vacume line tubing at the auto parts store and replace the entire line from the control mechanism hidden in the cavity under the bottle jack to the round doodad it runs to at the throttle. Its a little awkward removing/installing at the control module but you should be able to pull the old hose off and squeeze the new one on with out trying to remove the unit.

I did it on my '95 Disco and it works fine now.

+ Reply to Thread