+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trials

Default Trials

Just spitballin', but does anybody think we could produce a multipurpose weekend at Rausch Creek?
    They have three seperate properties, and South property has the variety of trails that I think would be conducive to putting on an event without getting in the way of other RC guests. Mild to wild including Lake Christy that is passable by stock Rovers, weather dependant.
    And the picnic area on the South could make for a common area/ Sortout. Ooh, and we could add a GPS challenge similar to geocaching.

Thoughts?
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

I'm in, as long as there is no mud, dirt or rocks! What the heck ... I'm in anyway.

By the way, I can see my reflection again in my side panels. No more traces of RC mud exist!

Sounds like a great idea to me! Maybe a summer event since the robesonia trials are spring/fall?
    '89 Range Rover
    '95 D90

Could be a good idea. Only thing I am thinking is that for the Rovers memebers who are not RC members what would it cost us? Money is always an issue for me. Other than that it sounds like a hoot.
    "Professional Driver on closed course-Do Not Attempt"
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a dead battery.

'96 Discovery w/redneck lift, '04 Discovery (Sold, I almost cried, ALOT!)
    Captincvmn@verizon.net

RC is $35/day, $10 annual membership, riders vary but I tink $5 a day plus membership for them also. Small kids free.
    Depending on how many aspects are added in that have a cost, I'm willing to try to keep it inexpensive: Bring your own food and refreshments, everyone volunteers to marshall, etc.. Personally, I'm not looking to profit, just to break even.
    What sort of things does the group like based on past Trials? What don't we like?
    Keep in mind that we're going from 27 acres to 1500+ with miles of trails and challenges.
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

I like the idea of Geocaching (I think) and I like a variety of terrain. I know RC offers lots of variety.

From reading in LRM magazine some of the events require "punch cards" to be used. What's this about? Do they attatch a punch card to the vehicle and you need to be close enough to the "punch point" to obtain the punch? That sounds like an interesting thing.
    "Professional Driver on closed course-Do Not Attempt"
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a dead battery.

'96 Discovery w/redneck lift, '04 Discovery (Sold, I almost cried, ALOT!)
    Captincvmn@verizon.net

Trevor, very good idea. I'm in - no matter what it is we end up doing at Rausch.
    Never really knowing how close it was to most of us, I now realise we, as a club, could spend a fair amount of time up there. It does have the potential for a wide range of events or just informal outings.

I like the idea of some kind of geocaching challenge. I dont have a portable GPS I can use in my series (and would this mean that we all need portable GPS systems?). If so maybe some other version of geocaching is possible.

I dont like rocks higher than the roof of the car, and tree gaps narrower than the car.

Oh yes, another thing, lets do it when its a little warmer! Sleeping in 25 degree weather can get you bragging rights, but I dont feel like bragging any more. Maybe May or June timeframe?

I will start doing some research as well.

That sounds very cool! Yeah I 2nd Ivars opinion on the warmer weather. Trials, geocaching, camping all together can't beat that.

+ Reply to Thread