+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lt Wt. S3 diesel

Default Lt Wt. S3 diesel

Ex Norwegian military, 24v, fresh engine overhaul, waiting on more details and pix, owner has been sent back to Iraq.
    What's it likely worth?
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

Default In my (value-less) opinion

OK, I'll stick my neck out and offer up an opinion worth only as much as it cost.

Assuming . . . LHD, not rusty, never driven over a land mine or into a tank, soft top, engine with enough miles on rebuild to prove it actually was done properly, etc . . .

I'd say actual sale price of $7,500 before the economy went down the drain, and actual sale price of $5,000 in today's market. (Although if the blue one with a name fetched $5,100 in today's market, maybe $5,000 is too low?)

Lets see, If the blue range rover special edition went for $2100 (minus air bags and some driveshaft dents in the floor boards) then I am gonna low ball this SIII at $3000 tops!
    "Professional Driver on closed course-Do Not Attempt"
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a dead battery.

'96 Discovery w/redneck lift, '04 Discovery (Sold, I almost cried, ALOT!)
    Captincvmn@verizon.net

Trevor,

Any word on this? Left hand drive? Assuming gas engine if it had a recent overhaul?

Might be interested if it is cheap and the frame is not rusted out completely.

Rob

Rob! How the heck are you and dad?

LHD diesel. Apparently solid, but not sure what's cheap. The current owner has over $20k in it with no expectations to recover that. Still trying to get pix. Was purchased by a US airman stationed in Germany. Lived over there for another 3 years, came here and wouldn't run. Treasured did some other work as well as overhauled the fuel distributor.
    The engine has not been overhauled, just the fuel distributor.
    Apparently runs well.
    More to come...
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

Hey Trevor any other news on this? LW are very cool and the only other Rover i would buy besides a Series II, IIA.

+ Reply to Thread