+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vandalism repair

Default vandalism repair

the other day at work someone broke out my window on my series 2 and stole some of my things out of my truck. i need to replace the sliding part of my passenger door window i found a company that will make me the glass but im not sure how to put it back in anyone know how?

unsure.
    "Professional Driver on closed course-Do Not Attempt"
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a dead battery.

'96 Discovery w/redneck lift, '04 Discovery (Sold, I almost cried, ALOT!)
    Captincvmn@verizon.net

The track of the window screw in, did you price new windows at rovers north, I'm not sure if they are more or less money then getting new windows made.

so are the screws under the felt on the inside of the track? or inside the door panel? if theyre under the felt how do you get the felt back in after you put it back together?

so i checked rovers north = $99 and change w/o s&h
    i also found one day glass = $33 and change w/o s&h
    i think ill go with one day glass they want $25 for s&h so i can get the glass shipped for less than just the glass at rovers north
    if you need any glass for anything check out there website they make everything!

The screws in side the track, the felt will need to be glued back in once everything is done. You should only have to remove the top track if you want to replace the sliding window. Your luck the window that does not slide looks like a pain to remove. Good luck

I've replaced these out on my series II and aeries III ..unless these have recently been replaced you will probably need to get a new set of lower tracks. Water settles in there when it rains and the tiny sheet mettle screws are made of soft metal (if stock) ... the threads rust and bind with the frame and the heads strip easily. Make sure you get the screw driver well set on the hed before attempting to remove (I screwed it up).

Both windows can be removed by just removing the lower tracks ... you don't have to mess with the upper ones.

Steve B.
    '73 SIII 88 Pick-up

thanks everybody you have been a lot of help i will let you know how it goes

AB has window channel p/n 5768 and 5767 for about $30 for all 4 pieces. Totally Stainless has any screw you'd ever need for a Series and they'll sell 1 or 100. totallystainless.com in Gettysburg.
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

Just wondering, were your windows locked? I never lock mine, since only 2 out of 4 window locks even work on mine.

+ Reply to Thread