+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: yet another new guy.... with a 95 RRC LWB

i had nothing but great luck with all of my vw's. I had one brush with an Audi, which was my A8L - and after dropping $2k just for a ps rack... it was fixed and sold off. Guy flew up from Texas, met me at the airport, paid in cash, and drove home. he's been delighted with it last i heard.

i've had mk1's, 2's, 3's, a few passats, and a slew of aircooleds. i still have my 1st car, nearly 24 years later - a 74 Super Beetle that is about 95% redone at this point - just ran out of money to finish it currently. since my wife bought her wagon 6 yrs ago - the rover makes the 16th vehicle i've had compared to her 1. i get bored way too easily. granted, there were a few trucks, a jeep or two, and now the rover thrown in the mix. heck, the car i traded to get the rover - i bought it, had it for 4 years, sold it, bought it back 9 months later (at a profit), and just recently traded it off again. i was both the 2nd and 4th owners.

i'd be willing to go out on a limb here... yours was prob. a mk3 - 93-99. and if you had ALOT of problems, it was prob. an automatic too.

2000 VW Passat SW. 2.8 V6 AT.
    '59 SII

surprising. they have their issues though.

^^ the wifes 00, 2.8v6, at, 4motion. lowered about 2", 17" 3pc wheels, votex side skirts, rewrapped new beetle headrests, badgeless grille, euro front rubstrips.... and like 195k as it sits currently. aside from normal issues (cam adjuster seals, waterpump / timing belt, control arms) we've had excellent luck with it. she absolutely loves it.

i had an indigo blue (metallic navy) sedan with a chipped 1.8t and a 5spd. that was a fun car.

and my jetta (that i traded for the rover) as well.

I had a bunch of VW's back in the 90's and early 2000's....(3) MK2 GTI's, 2 69 Beetles, 2 16V Siroccos, 3 Vanagons and the last was a 2000 VR6 Jetta. Oh and a 2000 1.8t a4.

That guy you got the RRC from was really into VW's too, right?

yea. erik has several, and has had even more in the past. he's got a charged 16v truck, with a narrowed axle tucking 10's under stock fenders... as well as a nice late mk1 cabby, and an oval window project.

the jetta... i bought off the original builder. he was a local guy, and it was THE car that got me into vw's back in the late 80's. it was the first vr swap into a mk2 in the us all the way back in early 93. when i traded it, it only had 45/46k on the odo.

the vw scene has taken a nasy downward spiral over the last few years. i think it's time for me to take a step back from it all for a little. and on that note - i've hosted a local toys for tots drive for the vw/audi community... that over the last 6 years, has raised over $10,000 and just as many toys.

http://www.eurotuner.com/eventcovera...9/viewall.html

I had an 84 GTI when it was new.....
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

dang. you're like old, and stuff.

took my first "somewhat" off road-ish trip today... took the boys out to Indiantown Gap, up to the 2nd Mountain Hawk Watch. nothing more than a rutted, washed out un-maintained road up to the top of one of the mountains out there.... but enough to get things crossed up a little bit... while being watched most of the time by our boys in camoflage

Click image for larger version

Name:	hawkmtn.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1548

Quote Originally Posted by galen211
    2000 VW Passat SW. 2.8 V6 AT.
    G - don't forget that Fox you had when I met you. What a death trap that was.
    "QQ Rover" -- 1962 Series IIa 88"

And then you took a driveby my place, but didnt stop in. That was me on the bicycle heading out for 82 miles in the less than flattering spandex....
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

+ Reply to Thread