+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: picnic

I'll stop by Sat.(not camping) and definitely up for wheeling on Sun.if anyone is going. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    JT
    Worlds worst D2

Max and I should be there Sat night and will wheel Sunday. Depending on which one is running Saturday, may bring Big Blue or Goldilocks.
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

we might get a little rain on sat but its only 60 percent chance. PLEASE come on out a little rain will not hurt.
    Get caught up from summer trips/vacations and talk about up coming events. This is a layed back and relaxing picnic. There is alot of food coming which is catored to kids as well. Hope to see you there.

anytime after 2pm. we are having pork bbq, beef n chicken fajitas mac n chees and black bean,corn salad. breakfast you are on your own.the cost is you bring a dessert and drink

Looking forward to tomorrow!
    '89 Range Rover
    '95 D90

if you are coming bring rain gear and extra dry cloths.

Leaving NJ in about an hour...with an umbrella.

Should arrive around 4pm.
    '89 Range Rover
    '95 D90

What can I say about the picnic? It was wet, chilly, much later in the day than I had thought. I'd not miss a Rover club event if I can help it. There was 13 of us including the 4 children. I thought the campgrounds was ok, the porta potty wasn't stinky, the creek was a hit with the boys. I would have rather known the food wasn't coming until 5pm as I think of a picnic as noon to early afternoon. Food was ok but not my favorites. I'd go again but 3 hours later. Pregnant women and small children don't like waiting around much.
    "Professional Driver on closed course-Do Not Attempt"
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a dead battery.

'96 Discovery w/redneck lift, '04 Discovery (Sold, I almost cried, ALOT!)
    Captincvmn@verizon.net

about 13 showed thanks to mother nature. Frank,Tim,Kelly and myself (with boys) stayed over night. not to long after robs family, david and lyle left the rain stop. we had a nice sunset telled storys by the campfire and a clear night sky and all its stars. 55 degres over night and a wonderful sunrise through the trees.
    Last edited by 87xj95disco; 09-09-2012 at 04:27 PM.

The weather definitely did clear for us later on and the camping was great - perfect temperature, a fire, and good stories. Being 5 minutes from Rausch Creek was rather convenient too of course. Trevor/Max, Tim/Kelly, Clay (drove up from VA), and myself spent the day bouncing around through the woods without too many mishaps. A few, but that is to be expected.
    '89 Range Rover
    '95 D90

+ Reply to Thread