+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disco I Performance Enhancements

Lightbulb Disco I Performance Enhancements

I would like to improve the performance of my completely stock '97 Discovery I. Any ideas? Since it's got a V8, perhaps the old tried-and-true headers & dual exhaust? I used to have a ~87 Chevy K5 Blazer with a small block/headers/duals and it was a kick.

I'd like to see what you'all have done and how it worked. Thanks for your input.

Marc Z.
    301-509-7300

I’m sure headers and dual exhaust will help.
    Low restriction airfilter like a K&N is another idea.
    Even better you could “splurge” and buy a Crower cam for a Buick 215, modify the Rover Cam plate and go for a set of Rhoades lifters…
    Because the 215 is so much like the Rover motor there are a few bits out there for building a hotter Rover.
    Currently working on Hard coating the Rover rocker arms.

Rover and performance enhancement are oxymorons Just drive it in tougher places and forget about HP.
    Where's my winch controler

The Eaton supercharger is the only way to go!
    Or, 4.10 gearing on stock tyres!
    I put a distributorless 4.6 in my 94 Disco, changed it to a distributor engine, put the RPI 4 cam, shortened the intake trumpets, fitted the 4.2 chip, and then added tons of weight and 34 inch tyres to completly wipe out the power benefits.

I am currently in the process of looking for a suitable cliff to push mine off. I know it's a short term performance gain, but I'm sure it will be the last modification.

+ Reply to Thread