+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help

Default HELP...again

Any takers on checking out my IIA and pointing me in the right direction on getting it running? Dinner and beer included.

Mico Santos
    Wilmington, Delaware 19809
    302-893-5727

Near Bellevue State Park, just north of the City of Wilmington
    Mico Santos
    1968 Series IIA
    Wilmington, Delaware

Can you give a little back story on this?
    1966 109 SW The Short Bus

Yea, we need the whole scenario... Does it turn over? Got petrol? Got spark?

I am working on getting my newly acquired 2A started so I am working through all the areas. Crazyfish knows much more than I about the Series trucks so maybe he can help both of us.
    Kase
    '69 S2A Pick-up
    '96 D1 - "Betsy"
    '99 D1 - for sale
    '91 RR GDE

Here i t goes...

I've have the 68 IIa for about 6 years. It was not running at the time of purchase due to a bad clutch and engine bearing issue. I had the engined pulled and rebuilt by Alderman Racing in New Castle Delaware. Foolishly, I paid them 7K in 2010 to rebuild but was so frustrated with the high cost that I had them reinstall without ever getting the engine started. So here it sits in my garage, motionless. I put power to the starter solenoid with no turn over.

I definitely need someone to come over and point out exactly where I need to go to rekindle this project. Thanks.
    Mico Santos
    1968 Series IIA
    Wilmington, Delaware

Your reason for hesitation to tell the story is apparent. I am currently in my own Series starting issues so I can not offer help anytime soon. Maybe one of the other guys will be able to.

Does it spark when you touch the solenoid? If not, the ground is not good. Just take jumper cables right from the battery to check the starter.
    Kase
    '69 S2A Pick-up
    '96 D1 - "Betsy"
    '99 D1 - for sale
    '91 RR GDE

+ Reply to Thread