+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Robesonia Trials

Hello everyone, just a quick update, they are expecting snow next day or so, wish that were around for the event! Looks like it'll be too warm though. Last snow pile went away today at Dads, no more snow. Anyway, for those coming up for work days and event, bring chain saw for firewood, there are several good piles of firewood right near the campground. I'll park my pickup truck Gunny up there to use for firewood getting. Also, got a big load of pine mulch. I brough about a dozen loads of pine mulch up to the campground and we spread it over the area to help flatten it out a bit and soften those stones for the campers! Bring a rock rake and/or grass rack to help even out. I'm going to pick up some extra canes for the event so we have options to make some new courses for the event. Please let me know if you have any questions, need directions, etc. Hope to see you here!
    Lyle

Jensen has a lacrosse game Saturday so I am not sure we can make it. The game is at noon so it screws up the whole day.
    Kase
    '69 S2A Pick-up
    '96 D1 - "Betsy"
    '99 D1 - for sale
    '91 RR GDE

Hi Lyle,

What is the plan for Saturday? I should be down there by mid-morning.

Bill
    1951 S1 80 * 2 - 1955 S1 86 - 1956 S1 86 - 1957 S1 107SW - 1958 S1 88
    1966 SIIa 109 - 1966 SIIa 88 - 1967 IIb FC - 1968 109 "Pink Panther"
    1974 SIII - 1984 110 - 1997 D90
    1987 RRC, 1991 D1, 1997 D1, 2002 D2
    2011 LR4 - 2018 D5 TD6
    This is getting out of hand.....

Default Saturday work days

A big thank you to everyone that came out for work days! We have 9 sections set up so far. One for tomorrow to complete. Great day to be in the woods. We've made some new sections and changed some classics around on the entrance and exit to make it quite interesting. Some of the areas haven't been used in quite some time. We've moved the fire pit to be more in the center of the campround and tested it out. Everyone should now fit around it without being on rocks or in the stickers! The campround has also been expanded thanks to a 1952 Oliver Cleatrack and should easily fit more people. We can't use the suppy hole this year as it it is filled with hundreds of tadpoles. That's going to get noisey in the next few weeks! We also rescued a tiny baby grey squirrel that appearantly fell out of his nest. The little thing took a liking to Mike and followed him everywhere he went! He has been re-united with his family this evening. Bring bug spray, damn little gnats! Also, bring a chainsaw, we need to get some firewood together for the campfire Saturday night for those staying. Hope to see you all out for the event, Please contact me if you have any questions!
    Thank you, Lyle

yes what a wonderful day to be in the woods. finally had some time to play at the end of the day.

notice: there is a new waiver that will be posted on site and have at the event.
    please read carefully and sign. do to certain events in the fall we now have to go this route.

see you all on Saturday,
    have fun and safe

mike

I'm bringing ribs for Sat night who all is coming?

I also just got a real clean D1 ARB front bumper with the winch tray and skid plate $650
    I also have a near new D1 front D/C HD Drive shaft Not a TW I believe it may be better $250
    I can bring them along if anyone is interested

While I am unconscionably hijacking this thread I also have a '96 D1 5 Speed Silver w/ grey guts, that runs and drives fine 2-3" lift needs a rear diff that I will supply and install tires aren't much RRC rear shaft decent truck $1750
    Where's my winch controler

Wow, that was a big word. Did that hurt?
    Hijack continue: I have 6 34x9 Super Swampers for Randy's DI. $50 to anyone in the club. yes, $8.33 each, they are that good.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Sad to have finally sent Big Blue to the crusher, happy to have my Rangie back on the road after 3 large failures at the VOT last August.

Also need another dose of hanging out with Rover-peeps.....
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

Sweet we'll eat some ribs and drink some beers like non vegans

You bringing Max? I have the girls they are all about camping at Robesonia.
    Where's my winch controler

Kelley and I will be there, and are planning on camping. See you all there.

Just me. Max has a tournament sunday in nj and needs to train as well as baseball practice. And we have a spaghetti dinner at school saturday night so I can't even partake in camping fun.
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

+ Reply to Thread