+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RoversClub Annual Fall Trials and Club Picnic Event Oct 24-26

Default RoversClub Annual Fall Trials and Club Picnic Event Oct 24-26

RoversClub Annual Fall Trials and Club Picnic Event Oct 24-26

Once again this year the ROVERS Club will be holding their Fall Trials event at 101 E. Mountain Rd., Robesonia, PA 19551. We are combining this with our club picnic for the year.

Trials events are a skill based event where you attempt to navigate your truck through a series of gates in each section. Gates are numbered in descending order and the object is to get through without touching them. Lowest score wins! The property is rocky, hilly and with mature trees. The course is laid out with challenge in mind, not carnage and some bypasses do exist.

Friday night is set up and free run of the course with a pot luck or own your own style meal.

Saturday is the novice run for beginners. New this year will be a ladies only division with separate prizes.

Saturday lunch will be pizza from a local shop and Saturday dinner will be catered.

Sunday is the advanced course and the challenges will be more difficult. Bypasses will exist in tough spots.

Sunday lunch is TBD.

There will be prizes in all the categories and usually a raffle at the end of the event.

Camping is primitive.

$25 for participants, $20 if you are a RoversClub member, Spectators/Non-drivers are $8.

Both Saturday and Sunday events start at 9 a.m.
    Last edited by galen211; 09-26-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    '59 SII

And the famously fun work days are Oct 18-19th.
    1966 109 SW The Short Bus

I'll be there in the LR3 for the work day and camping all weekend for the trials. The LR3 is a little longer and a little wider than the D2 so I have to keep Lyle in check.

Jensen and I should be there both weekends.
    Kase
    '69 S2A Pick-up
    '96 D1 - "Betsy"
    '99 D1 - for sale
    '91 RR GDE

I'll be out there for the event - can't wait!
    '89 Range Rover
    '95 D90

I'm gonna mark this down in my calendar.
    "Professional Driver on closed course-Do Not Attempt"
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a dead battery.

'96 Discovery w/redneck lift, '04 Discovery (Sold, I almost cried, ALOT!)
    Captincvmn@verizon.net

The girls and I will be there Ill bring some Ribs for Sat night
    Where's my winch controler

I'll do my best to make the work day. Kelley and I should be there for the event weekend.

Dave

Hello all! In fine fashion, I finally get a breather and get a chance to post on the thread for the event in my backyard! Literally, we will be using the steep mud and rock covered hill behind my house again this year but going across the upper lane and even higher!
    Sorry for the late post but it's been busy here. Dad had a bit of a medical scare here in the last month, all is doing OK right now, was somewhat time consuming though and quite an eye opener. He had surgery yet was so dedicated to the Marque that he even drove the 8 hours to MAR to drive the trails in southern Virginia. Proved too much after surgery and ended up trying to leave early Saturday only to end up sliding the Land Yacht motorhome off the egde of the trail into the woods with the 101 in tow. three winches, four Land Rovers, six others with sand ladders, and a slew of well wishers and spectators later, we got him out the driveway and on the way home. Gotta hand it to dedication. Dad is doing well but much behind on firewood and work. I and a few neighbors have been pitching in to help. I've been working night shift when available then helping Dad get caught up in the daytime. Been crazy busy as usual!
    This years event has a nice grand prize of a brand new 8000 lb winch! We will have at least two courses behind my house on the hill and the rest across the street. I look forward to seeing everyone again and making trails (my favorite!)
    If anyone has questions please don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to answer and get you out here in the woods (hours south of the crazed survivalist sniper in the woods of the Poconos) and having a good time.
    Remember, if you don't show up for work days I go unsupervised! I am very good at working on insane trails alone, it's the group around me that keep me in check!
    Hope you all can make it!
    Thanks, Lyle

We are busy for the Saturday trail setup but plan on coming up for Sunday setup day.
    "Professional Driver on closed course-Do Not Attempt"
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a dead battery.

'96 Discovery w/redneck lift, '04 Discovery (Sold, I almost cried, ALOT!)
    Captincvmn@verizon.net

+ Reply to Thread