+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Robesonia - April 23-24

Default Work weekend!

Update, we now have 7 trails set. Saturday was a whiteout as the blizzard dumped 4-5 inches of snow. Blowing wind and wet snow made it almost impossible to walk in the woods let alone try to clear and set trails. We still hung out and had a good time. Sunday brought a very productive day, trudging through the snow we ended up doing cutting and clearing behind my house setting up three trails I think you'll all like. As it warmed up and all the snow started to melt it became a snowy mud bath. We went across the street to my Dads property and made our way up the ridge setting some very interesting sections. There is still quite a bit of snow on the ground and it made walking a challenge. Where there wasn't slippery snow there was slippery mud or at least slippery wet rocks.
    Thank you to those that came out to help, Steve, Tom, Sam and friends! Had a good time. Next weekend we need to set the last three sections and get the start/stop signs on everything. We are also seeing if we can get my Dads 109 5 door diesel running. Should be a fun weekend! Hope to see you here!

Here is our campground at just before sunset, lovely snow scene for April 10th!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Campground at sunset.jpg‎
Views:	315
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	2376  

Default Successful day

We made good progress today in trail making. We now have ten sections ready, a few are recycled bits of previous areas used, many are brand new. We were able to sort out the used start/stop signs with the help of Tom. We will need to replace these for next event. Some of the sections built today are incredible! Thank you to all those that helped in trail building, Brett and son, Liz, Cody, Tom, Tom. Tomorrow we will make final adjustments and get the whole thing ready to run!
    Thank you

Default Another good work day!

We moved the fire pit out of the way of the main trail through the campground, we also made it bigger so we're not stacked two and three deep on a cold night. Camping next week is open to anyone who wants it. Should be wonderful weather so far. We also set our running order of the courses so I can make score cards. Shaping up to be a good event! Thank you everyone that came out to help and hope to see everyone here next weekend!

Anybody coming that would be close to Summit NJ to help deliver some parts?

Hey guys, I'm still planning to make it out for this, but I think I'm just going to trailer my Disco. (It isn't currently inspected, and I actually get better fuel mileage towing it than I get driving it.)

Is there room for my tow vehicle and trailer to park on the property down by the road (where most seem to park when they aren't participating?) overnight Saturday so I can turn it around and load up Sunday morning? I seem to remember the clearing is pretty big...

Also, anyone planning on camping Friday night? I don't know if I'll make out there early enough to roll in, but I'm trying to leave Washington, PA sometime around noon...
    '96 D1 5-Spd

I am planning to camp Friday night with my two kids. How that goes will determine if we camp Saturday night as well.

Several people are planning to camp Friday night, myself included.

I know people have parked down at the bottom of the road before and there is plenty of room. Between Lyle's, his Dad's and the end of the road room can be found for a trailer.

Hey Lyle what is the actual address I have a new guy heading up and I'm not sure my directions would get him there
    Where's my winch controler

Default Spring Trials update

Hello All, the address is:

101 E mountain Ave
    Robesonia PA 19551

Randy, don't forget to send along a steering drag link for a D1 to replace the one on the white one from Fall (Rob's DII), please, going to move it soon, tires all trippy without it!!!

There is rig and trailer parking at the bottom of the hill at Furnace street and Freeman street. There will already be a 40 ft flatbed parked there and possibly a green Peterbuilt. Call me if any specific questions.
    484-357-9058
    Campground is all ready at this point, shaping up to be a good weekend, a little rain to make the courses fun should be over by Friday night, that will also allow us to have a campfire.
    Working on scorecards, signs, prizes and such.
    Hope to see you here!
    Cheers, Lyle

+ Reply to Thread