+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Robesonia - April 23-24

Default Spring Robesonia - April 23-24

Lyle gave me the dates for Robesonia and wanted to get them out to everyone. More details to follow.

Count me in!
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

Yes! I vote for a trails event for every season...

Nice! I think I can actually make this one!
    '89 Range Rover
    '95 D90

I'll be there leaking various fluids all over the McMullen estate.

Eww.

Really, a reply has to be 5 characters?

Fine: EwwW.
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

Ollie and I are looking forward to it!

Default Boots in the sand (or mud if you were)

HELLO EVERYONE!
    Spring Robesonia is approaching fast. The land below is still ours for this season. Lots of higher level politics going on (c'mon, it's only 11 acres!). If any of you were here in Fall it was one of the wildest areas we've been in in years! I am still trying to buy it but I have a quiet voice (all meetings happen whilst I work). We should be a GO for a few courses down in the lower 11 this event so if I've never taken you to the "furnace ruins" you may want to be here this Spring! This may/may not be our last chance! I am offering our (Dad and I) property for camping both work weekends the weekends before the event and also the event weekend! Please come out and make a section! It's fun and rewarding when everyone gets a high score but you!
    In all seriousness, Dad will be 72 on May 4th 2016 and needs help finishing his 1961 Series II 109 Diesel wagon. He has had it on the lift for YEARS! If anyone has a few extra minutes or hours I would love to see him have his dream realized in the next few years. I work for a company that capitalizes all my time and help him on work issues only when available. He needs just a few hours to get the truck running. Anyone able to help with 1. parking break? 2. injectors? 3. dash electrical? It would make him a very happy man. Let me know. Lunch, dinner and beverages will be provided by me.
    If anyone has any questions, comments, issues, complaints, please let me know ASAP as I will do whatever I have to to make your trip to the mountains of Robesonia a trip to remember!
    Thank you, Lyle
    Lyle4lclover@aol.com

Default Work weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK everyone, this weekend is the first work weekend. Anyone planning on making it? I would like to build 2/3 in my back yard, (wife says last time I get to tear up the yard for a while) and 4/5 across the street at Dads. I would like to save 2/3 on the lower 11 acres we call "The Playground" for the following weekend. We'll set the canes at the lower lane for setup the next weekend. Weather will be cool/cold. I like it better than hot. I'm Irish, I don't belong out baking in the sun, I belong in the dark at the end of the bar with a little Guinness in my mustache! Bring appropriate clothing, a chainsaw, fuel, etc and also if anyone has "nippers" for the small trees and brush along with machete's. The next two weekends are your chance to design the course you always wanted. I'll give you 20 canes, a beverage of your choice and let you have at it! Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks, Lyle

Default Helping Dad

Hi Lyle,
    Count me in on helping your dad. Couldn't make it this weekend, Lizzy is off at an event in the other direction.
    We just bought a Disco off Randy, and I'm working on that right now to get it passed inspection.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread