+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Robesonia - April 23-24

My ETA should be approx. 6.30/7.00pm Friday evening. Fresh batch of "Fart Bucket" curried chilli is being formulated and is currently festering! Several scotches already packed.

English

It's Monday morning and back to reality!

This weekend was an absolute blast! Many thanks to Dave & Lyle for opening up their acreage.

Lyle, I'm sure the International Space Station saw the new fire pit!

Trevor, I hope your "Chilli Dog" didn't explode on the way home!

Cheers
    English

Where are the photos ?
    I've opened a gallery here
    https://goo.gl/photos/ySZxhAr56z2XqVj49
    which as far as I can tell is OK for others to put their pictures in too.

It was indeed a blast. My son is still pretty upset about damaging the Disco on the night run, but I keep telling him he did an amazing bit of driving in the conditions.

Steve

English, I'm pretty sure she took care of that by your 110. She looked relieved and slept the rest of the day.....
    I had a blast also-and that was without running a single trail! Thanks again to the McMullans for letting us trample the woods.
    Near the end of the day Sunday, I handed over my Stanley beer thermos for somebody needing a drink. Any chance someone saw it? It was a gift from my wife, and I'm pretty sure I could order another one before she gets back from Argentina, but still.....
    74S3/92RRC/03D2/06D3

I just added a few more pictures to the photo page. I took several videos which I will try and edit together later today and post.

Just to add to the other sentiments, we had a great time even though we were only visiting.

Bill
    1955 S1 86 - 1957 S1 107SW - 1958 S1 88
    1966 SIIa 88 - 1967 IIb FC - 1968 109 "Pink Panther" - 1970 IIa Lightweight
    1974 SIII - 1984 110 - 1997 D90
    2011 LR4 - 2016 RRS TD6
    This is getting out of hand.....

Near the end of the day Sunday, I handed over my Stanley beer thermos for somebody needing a drink. Any chance someone saw it? It was a gift from my wife, and I'm pretty sure I could order another one before she gets back from Argentina, but still.....[/QUOTE]

Hello Trevor, was it my son? Shea? He needed a drink of water. I just spoke to him and he says he placed it "on the cooler at the main circus tent"

I will investigate further. My 88" is full to the torn headliner with "things from the weekend".
    I will let you know!

Default Great weekend

I'm happy to say everyone stayed on their wheels this weekend, that was good. The only vehicles that didn't make it home was my 109 5 door and my wife's Suzuki 4 wheeler.
    Not bad!
    We ended up with a big bag of airsoft pellets too, found at campground. I tried counting them but the keep rolling around, it's a whole bag though! Let me know.
    Trevor, I will do a recon on my 88" later this evening or tomorrow, I'm sure your beer thermos is here.
    Thanks to all of you. I know many spent quite a bit of time to get here, some even from overseas.
    I was very happy to see many new faces in the crowd.
    At least one conversation with new members and/or potential new members was about their current clubs and how they drive somewhere to meet and look at each others cars. I'd rather be driving!
    I think that's what makes this marque so unique and what makes the events so much fun.
    This years cleanup was easier than ever, as between Neal collecting errant bottle caps, and the diligence of everyone, especially Tom Hinkle (doesn't own a Rover...yet) the grounds were kept very clean.
    I hope everyone liked my diabolical trail building! I will be back for Fall and I'll start another thread for some other ideas for events I have in mind.
    more to come!
    Cheers!
    Lyle

Default Winner!

Anyway, lets talk about Rob, he won three awards this weekend, the "blown airbag" award (thanks to English) for the most carnage. Yeah, a zero is worth that much more than a "1"! He also won the Saturday low score for the day. We were only able to complete 6 sections of ten because somebody (along with Friday's downpours) made them very interesting. He then proceeded to win Sunday's low score as well. There was good driving overall from series to D1's to Disco's and even 101's. Everyone did well and I look forward to the next event!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.JPG‎
Views:	35
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	2378   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.JPG‎
Views:	36
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	2379  

Default Pics!

Great event. My first time there after reading about it so long. Unfortunately my Rover couldn't make it this time, but next time for sure. Great to meet more of the group as well. Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming to my daughter (Riley) and me.

Here are some of the pics I snapped over the two days. There are more on the Alloy+Grit Facebook page as well. I'll post a short article on the A+G website in the next couple days immortalizing the event as well.

Bryan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0084.jpg‎
Views:	35
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	2380   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0108.jpg‎
Views:	39
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	2381   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0241.jpg‎
Views:	43