+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ike Goss Heavy duty glavy 109 sliders

Default Ike Goss Heavy duty glavy 109 sliders

These things are tanks. Took me two years to get them and never installed them....
    Brand spankin' new. Located in Doylestown.
    $750.
    1966 109 SW The Short Bus

Default Sean

Sean,

I'll take them, but would like to talk to you first. I seem to remember something with "fit and length" tied to Year and 109-model. Mine being a '65 exMoD may have issues.

Maybe we could get together this weekend?

Tom P,
    Tom Proctor
    1965 exMod 109
    1995 RRC LWB w/EAS

Well, it looks like they don't fit an Ex-MOD so here they are again!
    1966 109 SW The Short Bus

The 109 5 door and early 109 three door / pickups have a more vertical shape at the front edge of the rear wheel arch compared to the later three door / pickup tubs. This results in the sills (and sliders) being about three inches shorter on the later trucks.

I have two sets of Ike's sliders that I need to modify to the shorter length, but the mounts are the same on a Marsland three door chassis and a NOS ex-MOD chassis.

Bob

Bob,

Then it is highly likely that a set of your "short" sliders will fit my 109, and Sean's "long" sliders would work for one of your 109's - all without any modification.

The length on my 109, from wheel well to wheel well, along the seam between the body and existing sills, is 73-inches.

Tom
    Tom Proctor
    1965 exMod 109
    1995 RRC LWB w/EAS

Nope, that ain't gonna work.... Both of our 109s have the 73" short sill, and our Ike sliders are 75 1/2" long. Ike fabbed these up on a 109 pickup he had in the shop, neither of us realizing there were two different lengths. I'm just going to cut a 3" wide step shaped section out of the aft end and weld them up. It would be an easier job if the slider didn't have the jack / recovery holes..... I'll just spray the welds with cold galvy until I have enough stuff for another galvanizing run.

Bob

+ Reply to Thread