+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Robesonia Trials 2017 official thread

Default Spring Robesonia Trials 2017 official thread

Hello everyone!
    Due to a trip my wife and I are making to Moab to go offroading (don't be jealous!) this early Spring the dates for the Spring Trials will be as follows:
    Work Days: April 15th & 16th
    Work Days April 22nd & 23rd (Yes that's Easter, I'll be in the woods after church and a good meal)

Event days April 29th & 30th.

I know it's a little later than normal but it may be nice to wheel when there is foliage on the trees.
    I hope everyone can make it out for a day or weekend, always a good time. Plan on running some of the Fall trails backwards this event! That will be interesting.

My Dads 109 project is also pretty much where it was left in Fall as he's been having problems with his knees and not quite as spry as he was a few decades ago. Would still love to see a diesel 109 make it down to Tony's for a lunch run!

Also, if you're in your calendar please mark down July 15th and 16th as the official "Robesonia Red Raspberry Rover Run". This appears to be about the peak time for the local raspberries. We'll do camping and raspberry picking along with culinary treats centered around the delicious raspberry. Maybe some vanilla ice cream and such too. Still working on the details on this one, open for input.

Thanks!
    Lyle

I now live closer so I am looking forward to being able to help with a work day on the 109. Let me know when. Also love the raspberry run idea!

Default Location of 2017 Robesonia

Hey Everyone,

As a new member to the Defender and R.O.V.E.R.S community I looking for a little more information. Coming out of Philadelphia I'm looking to map out the trip. Could someone share the exact location of this event? Addiotnally some of the particulars. Agenda, Accommodations (I love to camp), Etc. I recently imported a 1991 RHD D90. It clearly needs work so Im not 100% sure it is trail ready. Any information would be appreciated

Thanks

TJ

Hey TJ,

The physical address is 101 East Mountain Ave. Robesonia, PA.

There really isn't an agenda per se, we try to start by 9 a.m. each day and the event is all held on the property. The trials is an event where you drive through gates trying to avoid hitting them, similar to downhill slalom skiing, except there's big rocks and trees. It's a perfect event to participate and spectate at the same time.

We camp on the property at the top of the hill, find a spot and set-up. We have a large fire ring and most people just bring food and share what they have. Most people roll in Friday evening.

The cost is $25 per driver/vehicle with $5 for each additional person. We usually have a raffle and prizes so you can usually make back your entrance fee.

What else do you want to know? Ask away.
    '59 SII

Default Thanks...

That is exactly what I needed.

Best TJ

Default Update on night run trail system

Bunch of my neighbors came out last weekend and completed a trail from my back yard over to the pines then up an impossible hill climb (if it's raining) and Tee'd off to a trail that leads over to where Rob broke his tie rod. It is now a complete loop on previously untraveled terrain. Should be fun! As for the lower 11 acre playground below my Dad's property, they are logging it shortly and it may be impassible for the Spring event. We'll have to see how much cleanup they do. Not a big deal, we'll make more trails behind my house until we get that area cleaned up. There is a gully that runs parallel to one of the trails behind my house that I'm sure I could get a locked truck on 35's stuck for a while! For the work weekends, if your'e not into a walkabout in the woods with a chainsaw to clear trails, my father is still looking for some help on his 109 project. He's very close. It turns over, but not fast enough to fire off the diesel. If anyone is mechanically inclined, I'm sure he'd be appreciative of the help! Work days are also camping days if you need to get away for a weekend. We have free primitive camping with the deer on top of the mountain. All are welcome!
    Lyle

So is it locked in for the 29/30 weekend?

It works as it is the week after Scarr but it is the same weekend as the Icebreaker which I would miss to do Robesonia just asking
    Where's my winch controler

What's the Icebreaker?

Turns out I can't make this weekend either now, but pretty sure it's locked since we have communicated it in a lot of places.
    '59 SII

Icebreaker is a Big Dogs event at the Cove

That's the wifes Birthday too I may be iffy

+ Reply to Thread