+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Still here......

Hybrid View

Default Still here......

I'm still here.......

Put the Landie to bed last fall, inside, heated with stabilizer in the tanks and a battery minder on the battery.Talk about being pampered......

Thought about selling it and put some feelers out..... When I look at my $pread sheet$ it makes perfect sense.

Was procrastinating touching it.... not sure why. Then I needed the lift (which it was parked on) to put a trailer hitch on my Chevy Spark. (That's another story). So I cranked it and it fired right up. And I've been driving it around for the last two days (in the 60's ºF) and it's been behaving like a model child. The handbrake needs adjusting but that is IT. EVERYTHING works as it should.

So I think I'll keep it, at least for a while. (Unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse)..... I'll take the top off for the summer and fix it up. Make a bar for the back and fabricate a bikini top. I have a tailgate for it which needs painting. Also want to give the door tops and all the seals some TLC....Still thinking about putting an overdrive in it too. And, I still have the winch. Think I'll put it on a hitch platform and run a fat cable with a plug to the rear....

Would have made SCC if it wasn't for the fact that I was a few thousand miles away. Will try to make it to an event this summer. Schedule is crazy. Five more years and I'll have a lot more time..... for a while.

Would like to see you all some time.

O.
    1964 SII-a 88" NAS "Hannibal"
    My loverly bride:"I said ROLLER not ROVER."

And the top is off......

Boats (not mine, somehow I end up with people's trailers in my yard) are in the water too. Save space.... stack things until fall......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 10.13.24 PM.jpg‎
Views:	380
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	2512  
    1964 SII-a 88" NAS "Hannibal"
    My loverly bride:"I said ROLLER not ROVER."

+ Reply to Thread