+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fall Robesonia Trials Event Oct. 26-28, 2018

Default Fall Robesonia Trials Event Oct. 26-28, 2018

Once again this year the ROVERS Club will be holding their Fall Trials event at 101 E. Mountain Ave., Robesonia, PA 19551.

Trials events are a skill based event where you attempt to navigate your truck through a series of gates in each section. Gates are numbered in descending order and the object is to get through without touching them. Lowest score wins! The property is rocky, hilly and with mature trees. The course is laid out with challenge in mind, not carnage and some bypasses do exist.

Friday night is set up hanging by the campfire.

Saturday is the trials event with local pizza for lunch and a potluck dinner at the camp site.

Sunday will be camp break down.

There will be prizes in all the categories and usually a raffle at the end of the event.

Camping is primitive.

$25 for participants, Spectators/Non-drivers are $5.

Both Saturday and Sunday events start at 9 a.m.
    '59 SII

When can we arrive and set up camp on Friday?

I'll check with Lyle because I believe some folks are there all day, but most people start arriving after work anywhere from 4:00 on.
    '59 SII

Will there be any trees along any of the courses? The last time I ran I had an encounter...
    Kase
    '69 S2A Pick-up
    '96 D1 - "Betsy"
    '99 D1 - for sale
    '91 RR GDE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoSux View Post
    Will there be any trees along any of the courses? The last time I ran I had an encounter...

All trees and rocks will be removed prior to the event for your safety.
    '59 SII

Posting for Lyle.

Just a reminder that there will be work weekends Oct 13-14 and Oct 20-21.

Anyone wanting input as to which tree they will hit should come help lay out the courses.
    1951 S1 80 - 1955 S1 86 - 1956 S1 86 - 1957 S1 107SW - 1958 S1 88
    1966 SIIa 88 - 1967 IIb FC - 1968 109 "Pink Panther" - 1970 IIa Lightweight
    1974 SIII - 1984 110 - 1997 D90
    1991 D1, 1997 D1
    2011 LR4 - 2016 RRS TD6
    This is getting out of hand.....

Thanks Bill! Good reminder! I had my tree removed after I hit it and rolled my 5-speed...

Quote Originally Posted by billcooper View Post
    Posting for Lyle.

Just a reminder that there will be work weekends Oct 13-14 and Oct 20-21.

Anyone wanting input as to which tree they will hit should come help lay out the courses.
    Last edited by DiscoSux; 10-07-2018 at 11:35 PM.
    Kase
    '69 S2A Pick-up
    '96 D1 - "Betsy"
    '99 D1 - for sale
    '91 RR GDE

Lizzy and I went down to help yesterday, there was only Lyle and Tom out there. That said 5 routes were set, so only 5 next weekend.

Steve

Default productive work weekend

Hello everyone, had a great first work weekend. Thanks to Tom (who still doesn't have a Rover ) and Steve and Lizzy for helping to create 5 sections. We have used familiar terrains that we've used in the past and reused some parts of sections but everything has a new twist. Some areas we haven't used in quite a long time. We were able to complete 5 really challenging sections. It was a light turnout for a work weekend so thanks again to those who worked their butts off to make it happen. Today we ended up finishing cleanup at the campground and were able to get my Series II 88" running!
    Next weekend I need to disappear for a few hours to go pick up my daughter and her husband on their way back from their honeymoon in Scotland but will be there the rest of the weekend. We have 5 more sections to complete and several set up ready to go, just need some changes, enhancements, etc. We can always make all new sections too if we get enough help. Work days are where you can help create what the event will be and create the fun for yourself and everyone else. Work days are free camping too! The first 5 sections are extremely challenging but can still be done with almost any truck. If anyone has any questions please let me know. Hope to see you here!
    Thanks, Lyle

+ Reply to Thread