+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More Trials events?

Hybrid View

Default More Trials events?

Hello, I would like to know if it's a possibility to have more trials events, other than Robesonia and possibly Sunbury. This past weekend was my first event, and I'm hooked, I do have alternative land use in central Pa if that would be of interest.
    If there would be any help needed, I'd be right there. Anyone else have a take on this?

I'd bet that they're a few of us who'd be interested...
    I've got three acres that could be made into a little something-anybody remember what Tom did with his 1 acre?

Hey, I'm from north central pa, I could get creative with a pick up load of dirt in the parking lot behind Wal-mart......yeehaw!

What we need to do is figure out how to turn the Ringwood trail clean-up into a trials event! Seems like PA has all the fun.

I remember Tom's course. It was the first time I got to drive a series - Evan's. Later on I got stuck with the DII (embarassing!) b/c the ETC/ABS/HDC wasn't working and the CDL wasn't hooked up yet. Tom gave me a little tug with his tractor! There was even a teter totter and water hole - quite amazing for a little plot of land.

Jason, believe it or not the original plan for Ringwood was a trials course! Way back when, me, Tom B. and Steve H. took a look at what was then private property that the owner had agreed to let us play on. It's on the other side of town so you never saw it. I don't know the acreage, but it took us 30 minutes to drive a loop through it without stopping. Trails over there were used almost exclusively by ATVs but rovers could just slip through for the most part. Just a month or two after we looked at it he sold it to the state for a hefty sum and they tore down the house.

Now it is part of Norvin Green State Forest and the trails are still there - but overgrown without the constant ATVs. I'm fairly confident we could get access to it since Ringwood State Park is actually in charge of patroling over there, but I doubt they would go for a trials course. I bet if we looked we could find some garbage to pick up back there!

i'm down to cut, er, ah, clean up trails in that area.

+ Reply to Thread