+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steering Relay Rebuild

Default Steering Relay Rebuild

Anyone in the Doylestown area need some $ to open/check/rebuild my steering relay? It's jammed again and I do NOT want to miss SCC in the 109. I have no idea what I'm doing in there, and honestly I don't really have time to go digging too deep myself before SCC ( and I'm an idiot )- and of course, the weather just turned below freezing for the first time this year.
    1966 109 SW The Short Bus

Sean, I can't make it down tomorrow, BUT I'm planniing for Thursday, I can take a look at it then if you like

Do you mountain boys know such things? lol
    I'd really appreciate it. See you on thursday.

Hey now, I'm originally from Montgomery County, just moved here 6.5 years ago......so I'm not all that "mountain" yet, but I'm a fixin to be learned.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so you WERE a flatlander lol

Default opps

Have you checked or added any lub/fluid to the relay since the last time I did it ? .. Try Marvel Mystry oil to free it . remove the bolt that goes throught the bellcrank , mark the bellcrank ( so you put it back in the same position) then remove the small bolt that is under where the bell crank was. Use a punp type oil can to push the marval in . You may find if you also remove the small bolt on the otherside it will give the air a place to escape . DO NOT remove all four of the small bolts at the same time as the relay is spring loaded

I haven't added any, and it's leaking ( go figure! ) Funny thing is last time I did remove all those bolts and it didn't pop.

Last time I looked at it it was full of water .. I'll bet that why its acting up now . Leather bushings are frozen .. No school tomorrow do you want to bring it up?

Would love to, but it's rather tough when it won't steer......

It won't turn at all?, or it's just way to tight(friction) like you need to put your foot on the bulkhead to get leverage? Want to convert to power streeing?

+ Reply to Thread