+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brake System Mini Shop Day - End Aug./Beg. Sept?

I had not opened up the pictures until tonight to see the rust damage up close and personal. Wow! Guess that is the obvious kind that you can lay underneath with a flashlight and see when you go to check out a series rover. Fortunately it can all be replaced right?
    "Professional Driver on closed course-Do Not Attempt"
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a dead battery.

'96 Discovery w/redneck lift, '04 Discovery (Sold, I almost cried, ALOT!)
    Captincvmn@verizon.net

We will be cutting out the old outriggers and replacing them with new ones as part of the shop day if you are interested in watching! We will probably work for the morning, take a barbeque lunch break and then finish up with more work until quitting time.

mapquest, google maps, etc.:

439 South Governor Printz Boulevard
    Essington, PA

for directions. 5 minutes from PHL int airport, off of i-95

In response to Kirt holding my heater hostage, I post this public notice:

Dear Kirk,

It is indeed too bad that your shop day will suck. How dare you break the long standing ROVERS tradition of standing out in the near freezing rain, or the swealtering summer heat on a large patch of black top with K-mart tools and warm generic beverages in a can. I have been to one where it was 4 degrees above zero and one during the tail end of a hurricane, both outdoors in a crappy alley full of 90 wt covered gravel. If you feel you must provide indoor facilities, with proper heating and cooling, on a expansive flat smooth surface with 12 foot ceilings, so be it.

While other hosts have let us purchase our own meals at the local Deli of Devious Death, you try to indulge us with fancy cuts of perfectly grilled premium meat, marinated choice chicken parts all served on bakery-fresh soft warm bread. Sides of fresh potato salad, gourmet chips and salsa only add to the horrors of this tragic event.

Other hosts have provided warm sodas and a garden hose. How dare you rock the long standing custom with a case of premium micro brewed beer perfectly chilled to the correct temperature. Opulence is simply not appropriate at these functions.

So, in short, I will only attend this event under duress. I will work on your antiquated vehicle with proper tools in a beautiful shop, eat fantastic grilled to order food and drink your fancy ass beer only because you have my heater.

I hope this serves to disway any other potential attendees.
    Last edited by crazyfish; 08-21-2007 at 09:28 PM.
    1966 109 SW The Short Bus

I just want to inform you that of yesterday, a welding machine made an appearance at Kirk's garage for repairing those small nuisance cracks, or replace frame parts that are no longer up to spec. The only item that is really absent from the sundry of tools is a 26 gallon or better air compressor. We could facilitate the air tools that come with the compressor, (saw one at Home Depot) so we don't have to scrape our knuckles using our striped out "Made in China" hand tools. Also it would take less effort and time, thus allowing more time for eating and drinking. I am just writing this little note to give you my opinion of the actions Kirk would have to take to move his venue from a three star to a four star establishment.
    LC Rover
    1974 MOD 88

Finally the marketing firm I hired is doing their job!
    1974 SIII Lightweight "Pongo"

Wink wish list

Just a wish list
    LC Rover
    1974 MOD 88

Hey Larry,

Nice avatar!
    '59 SII

Talking

It's not KevinNY's avitar (cover of LRM), maybe one day.
    LC Rover
    1974 MOD 88

Gents,

Anyone know how to adjust the timing for the RRC? If someone can help me, what equip. etc. do I need to buy/bring?

Looking forward to Sunday. Hope it's less humid by then.

I have a large air compressor on wheels from Sears. Rated 125 psi. I have hoses and connectors but not many air tools. Want me to bring it? I could come down and learn something as well as tighten up a few things on my 95 LWB.
    4.6L '95 Classic LWB

+ Reply to Thread